100 lbs Lost, Pic heavy, Not wearing a bra.

Options

Replies

• GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. That is very inspiring. Congrats on your accomplishment.
  • MBarrett1965
    MBarrett1965 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love your story!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You look great! Very inspiring!
  • Dazellyn
    Dazellyn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring; thanks for sharing your story!
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i love this!
  • rejordan
    rejordan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! Thanks for the warning-not wearing a bra! HAHAHAHHAHAHA! :0
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Excellent work, sir! Thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options
    A very inspiring story for me!! Thank you for sharing ... and congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I love that you included the pic using your body as a tv table for your plate. LOL We've all been there :0)

Thanks for your service in the RN. Keep up the great work. You are amazing!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fab! Love the way you told your story too. I'm with you on the teaching thing- I put on weight doing my PGCE and in my first couple of years of teaching!
  • jdenig
    jdenig Posts: 26
    Options
    Very inspiring, your story is awesome and I enjoyed reading it, you have the right attitude! Good for you!
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Love the way you told your story; great job and I wish you all the best. You look so healthy now!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!.

[Now lets see how many of my pervy FL click into here to checkout bra'less pics! :tongue: ]
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Where do I start? Ah well I suppose at the beginning. Unlike many others on MFP I was always as thin as a rake in my youth. In fact in my early 20s I was so thin my nickname in the Royal Navy was “spindle”. In 1982 at the age of 33 I looked like this, maybe 160lbs and 6’2”. I ate what I liked and drank as much as I wanted to. (Booze that is not water).
    May1982_zpsaa5711da.jpg
    Not long after this photo was taken I stopped my 40 a day cigarette habit. My food now tasted even better and I started to eat for enjoyment, but still no problem. I may have gained a bit round my waist but what the hell, I was still thin.
    By 1998 I was at University training to become a teacher and for exercise I was long distance walking anything up to 100 miles non-stop in under 48 hours and I looked like this at 49. I even ran a couple of half marathons.
    Nov1998_zps27e006b9.jpg
    I could eat and drink as I wanted and did.
    Then I discovered wine. Then I discovered gourmet food Then I discovered being a teacher was rewarding but SOOOOOO stressful. Then I discovered that wine and food helped get by.
    10 years later and I discovered that my stomach was big enough to use as a TV table for snacks. But in my mind’s eye I was still thin.
    24March10_zps62fd5ea5.jpg
    Then I retired and took up a new hobby, cooking. I bought all the books and turned into a right little chef. You know the sort of thing, fry off the onions in 4oz butter add half a cup of Extra Virgin Olive oil, throw in the belly pork etc. Huge portions and a bottle of Bordeaux to wash it all down (each) then port with the cheese and a cream pudding. I was in food heaven. But I still felt thin only now I no longer ran or walked long distances in fact I waddled.
    I began to be a bit concerned when I got out of breath putting on socks and stairs were a bit of a problem but I was in denial until May 2012 when my wife snuck up on me and took this picture in my garage.
    005_zpscfe82a36.jpg
    I was horrified. I finally got onto the scales and weighed in at over 320lbs We played at weight loss for a couple of months I think I lost about 15lbs till Sept 9th when this photo was taken, I weighed again and was 306lbs
    9Sept12_zpsd23af52f.jpg
    6 days later I discovered MFP and the first thing I saw on the forum was the success story of a lady who had lost 100 lbs She looked fantastic I showed it to my wife and we decided that we too could do this and we have not looked back since. Here are the afters
    27Jan13_zps97193f70.jpg
    This was my First 10k Jan 2013
    17March13_zps5b180fad.jpg
    April 2013
    05May13_zpse0b197cb.jpeg
    May 2013
    24June13_zpsb2518065.jpg
    Finishing my first Half Marathon June 2013
    28July13_zps1e703627.jpg
    Yesterday 100lbs Lost July 2013
    I think that this post is long enough for now, if you want to know how we did it then send a friend request, up till now I haven’t been doing the friend thing but I will be from now on because this is just the beginning not the end.

Loved your story so much and you look FANTASTIC!!!! Thanks so much for sharing your life with us and showing that change is possible!!!
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    So very impressive! Thanks for the inspiration and you look marvelous!
  • ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well done! Keep up the good work - from another retired teacher!
  • Karonfowler
    Options
    You look GREAT! Very encouraging.
  • Doreen9686
    Doreen9686 Posts: 62
    Options
    Wow what an inspiration! You have totally transformed yourself and look great! So wonderful to see!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Just wow! You're such an inspiration. Amazing work here. Keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!