Not weighing myself during weight loss

Options
13»

Replies

• tag624
    tag624 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I would say weigh about once a month...I have lost 90 pounds...and stopped getting on the scale so much, it can really wreck your day if you see a number you don't like
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    You could weigh monthly. I don't know how you can track the effectiveness of your progress with no weighing at all.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Ok guys I'm stepping on the scale this morning. Lol. Don't want to see the number!! So ashamed and in disbelief if it's as high as what I think it is. I will track my weight every month and take pictures every 3 months.

Weight yourself in a unit you don't understand then :-) If you are a lb person weight yourself in Kg :-) Seriously it will give you a number and tell you how many calories you need but without any psychological impact. You know what is best for you and what works though so good luck. You can do it. Plenty of people on here have :-)

• JasmineDiver22
    JasmineDiver22 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    WORK OUT: so since I'm so over weight, im trying to just walk 20-30 mins a day moderately. My heart rate was at 155 just by me doing 20 mins at 2.5mph... that's really high isn't it? Or is that normal for someone my weight (286) @ 5'2, 1500 cal a day in order to lose 2 pounds per week @ the age of 23.
  • KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options

THIS !
    nowine4me wrote: »
    You don't need extra stress while trying to lose significant weight. If the scale is too much for you right now, stay off. Take pictures and compare month-to-month and use a pair of pants as a gauge. Weigh when you are ready.

It took me years to figure out that the scale simply provides data, not a measurement of self worth, eventually you will be curious :D

• NR81206
    NR81206 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Since everyone has pretty much covered everything, all I want to add is:
    You're doing awesome, by taking the first steps to a healthier lifestyle & I hope you kick a s s !
  • candilc9
    candilc9 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way, if you know where you start, you'll be very proud of the hard work you do and it will motivate you to keep going.