Do you plan on logging forever?

Options
124»

Replies

• TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I recently stopped logging for a bit, maybe a month or two. I actually did really good and didn't gain any weight. However, I am not at goal yet. So I started logging again to make sure I make it to my goal weight. What I did when I stopped logging was still weigh in every week. When I stopped seeing the pound weight loss, I started logging again. I will take the same approach when I reach goal weight and learn to eat to maintain.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I have been at my goal for about a month and plan to continue logging.

I look at it this way; our health has to be one of our top priorities because without good health, everything else loses meaning.

Logging helps me stay balanced and it is easy enough to keep up; a simple decision for me.
  • stratusphr
    stratusphr Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, it's as natural to me as breathing. I also weigh every morning, I've been doing these things, as well as weighing and measuring my food when I'm at home.....every single day for over three years. It's part of my new life. My doctor and a PhD doctor that speaks at a support group I attend, both recommend logging. On TV recently, something on The Today Show.....a doc was on there and said that people who "guess" at their calories are normally guessing about 500 calories LESS than they are actually taking in. That is big.....keep this in mind.

100 calories per day, more than you need to maintain is over 36,000, THIRTY-SIX THOUSAND - calories per year, which equals 10 lbs. That is the most profound thing I've heard, ever. Let's think about it.
    100 calories is ONE TB of peanut butter
    we can get just about anything in a 100 calorie packs now days.
    Just cooking dinner, and tasting, what do you think it takes to taste our way to 100 calories.

This is just awesome when you think about it. I am certain that is how I landed in a WLS clinic three years ago, a few pounds one year, two the next, five the following.....OMG, I did this for years and years!!!

Ok, I'm through, but I had to share my thoughts. It's not a big deal to log, a minute or two per meal/snack. Much easier than gaining four, five, ten pounds and then starting again. I'm just sayin' - think about it!!!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Yep.

I don't plan to be obsessive about it (I'm not now!) - but I will always have to be mindful of what I eat so, yeah, this is a long term plan.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I'll be logging for a very long time... mostly because foods catch me by surprise all the time. Also, I have high blood pressure so I want to keep an eye on my sodium intake.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    No. I plan on getting within a goal range (about 3-5kg) and logging if I get outside of that range in either direction and stay there.