Rich people have better hair?

Options
124»

Replies

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Ha. I'm cheap. I bought a set of barber shop quality clippers about 20 yards ago. Been doing my own crew cut ever since.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Bath and Body Works is rich people stuff? I always thought it was gross.

I love their soaps and candles - that's what I buy there.

In terms of the tangent this thread has taken - if we're talking about rich ppl generally being better looking we need to account for the fact that rich people can afford plastic surgery. There are so many memes out there that say "you're not ugly, just poor."

Interesting. I thought it was for middle school kids. I find it very smelly.

You think good smelling soap and candles are for teenagers only?

I dunno. It's Chanel if I have the cash, or nothing for me.
  • BPRKEY
    BPRKEY Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Very simply, no. I've used everything under the sun. I will say that when I went blonde I did need high-quality products or I would get brassy. So I stopped going blonde. I use a drug store shampoo and conditioner ($4-5 ea) and another dry shampoo($6) The only product I spend $ on is a blow dry cream because for me it really is the best one. Oh and the same bottle has lasted me 14 months (and counting). I say, find what works for you and the rest doesn't matter.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    wfr039mjmoia.jpg

Get this

It's like 12$ and the same ingredients as Biolage

Where do you but this?
    I like Clairol Shimmer lights and use it once a week, it's great for keeping brassiness out, it's like a toner (hate the smell tho).
    I wash my hair every day and use Joico violet shampoo daily, it's sulphate free and quite gentle on hair
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I buy Pantene or Treseme if I have coupons. I do splurge on serum and leave in conditioner. I know it would work better if I used the matching shampoo/conditioner, but I can't bring myself to spend that much money. Plus my hair is very low maintenance.

In my opinion, Bath and Body Works is extremely over priced and the scents are way too strong. The only thing I like from there is the aromatherapy/stress relief line. I mainly stick with Dove or Olay.

I love the Tresemme conditioner (extra volume)
    As far as shampoo goes my daughter is a hairdresser and gets shampoo in bulk for me from her supplier. I don't remember the name but it smells amazing.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    My stylist doesn't sell shampoo and conditioner, but makes recommendations, which is great.
    I finally found a shampoo and conditioner I like and buy it at discount stores (Winners or Marshalls).

Sad to say I probably have 10 bottles of shampoo/conditioner that I hate but don't want to throw away because of the "value" of the product. I wish I could donate it. It is painful to me to throw out a $30 bottle of shampoo.

Why do you hate it?

My hair is thick and curly/wavy...a lot of shampoo/conditioners don't work well for me or often it's the smell. I'm fussy about a lot of scents. A product can work great but if I don't like the smell I obsess over it to the point I sometimes rewash my hair because it's so distracting.

My biggest shampoo pet-peeve is when I have to use an outrageous amount to get it to properly lather in my hair.

I've been using Garnier Grow Strong for a couple of months now. It seems to work well on my curly hair, only costs about $6.00 a bottle, lathers great, AND it smells like apples. Win on my change purse and win on my hair.

No way in hell I'm spending $30.00 + on a bottle of shampoo when I've gotten great results with something far cheaper.

PS. I don't want to sound full of myself, but I've gotten a lot of compliments on my hair and I never go to a salon. I dye my hair on my own and I've gotten by just fine without hairstylists. All they ever do is *kitten* up my cut because they don't know how to cut curly hair so I only go when I'm desperate for a trim.

So very true! I had almost waist length hair 2 years ago and went for a trim and ended up with a basically a long mullet!! She cut the top half of the length and thickness half the length of the under portion. I had to go to another stylist and get it fixed and the second stylist was horrified, she called it a "step" which was a good description. It was bad.
    Funny tho, I ended up liking shorter hair better, it's "sassy"!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I have never used $30 shampoo or conditioner. I rarely blow dry my hair or attempt to style it. I have only had my hair professionally cut twice in 43 years. I don't know how to use many styling products. I really don't think expensive shampoo will make my hair in a ponytail look any better than cheaper shampoo.

A professional hair style with proper use of products probably makes hair look better no matter what price the shampoo. The better the stylist is the better the hair probably looks. People with more money can spend more time and money getting styled and finding the right person. Maybe depends on your hair type as well.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    wfr039mjmoia.jpg

Get this

It's like 12$ and the same ingredients as Biolage

Where do you but this?
    I like Clairol Shimmer lights and use it once a week, it's great for keeping brassiness out, it's like a toner (hate the smell tho).
    I wash my hair every day and use Joico violet shampoo daily, it's sulphate free and quite gentle on hair

Sally's if you have one near you

You might be able to buy it online
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Funny nobody tried to name sulphate free conditioners...

I've used them. They are okay. I used some argan oil shampoo and conditioners for awhile after I dyed my hair and it seemed to help a bit (both were sulphate free).

But honestly? I buy Aussie brand stuff or Garnier Fructisse and get by just fine. Maybe it's just because I was born with really resilient hair? I have spent excess money on super expensive products and did not notice any benefit from them. Some were recommended to me, others I found on my own and decided to try.

Really the only thing I benefit from (and this is coming from a person who dyes her hair a lot is to get my hair trimmed every 8 to 12 weeks.

I just don't see the point in spending 50+ dollars on shampoo/conditioner. If I really want something that makes my hair shiny and vibrant, I can just put avocado/honey/egg in my hair and it does just as well. I know that might sound kind of gross and/or messy, but it works for me and is way cheaper than some of the products out there.