Calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    you don't realize the damage you are doing to your body - when you don't eat enough to fuel your body, then your body starts burning muscle to survive
  • beckymoorebecca
    beckymoorebecca Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    As others have said you could adjust your calorie level so losing less each week. Or you could look at your nutrition levels and see if your hitting the goals as you could be short of necessary nutrition to keep you going. At moment I have to look at my iron as I'm not hitting my daily goal . Fiber I started to take supplements and it helps my daily target and also helps me feel fuller for longer. Long term I'm going to try get fiber in diet without supplement. Good luck
  • bentleytino2010
    bentleytino2010 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    how many calories should i be eating to lose weight?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    not sure if maybe because i am getting alot of nutrients in

Most people are going to struggle to get sufficient fat and protein on just 1,110 calories a day.

On that calorie count, it's unlikely you're getting "a lot" of much.
  • bentleytino2010
    Options
    i eat a banana and apple for breakfast, lunch i eat chicken, brocolli and red potatoes, a snack maybe some hummus and pretzel chips, and dinner usually two eggs and some beans,
  • bentleytino2010
    Options
    maybe i go over the 1091 because honestly i feel like i eat enough and im never hungry for more
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    i eat a banana and apple for breakfast, lunch i eat chicken, brocolli and red potatoes, a snack maybe some hummus and pretzel chips, and dinner usually two eggs and some beans,

Even if the foods you are choosing are nutrient-dense, it's difficult to meet your nutritional needs while restricting that much because your portions will be small.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    maybe i go over the 1091 because honestly i feel like i eat enough and im never hungry for more

are you weighing/measuring everything?
  • bentleytino2010
    Options
    No i don't weigh or measure
  • bentleytino2010
    Options
    I try to portion everything though
  • bentleytino2010
    Options
    Yeah I don't I usually just look online for the calories in the amounts I eat of chicken or whatever I'm eating and eyeball it
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Odds are you're eating way more than you think. My favourite salads before and after I started measuring properly instead of eyeballing look VERY different, just as an example. I mean if it's working it's working, but if you ever get down to where you have to be super precise with your calories if you don't start measuring and weighing you're either going to stop losing or suddenly start gaining. Might as well get into the habit now.
  • bentleytino2010
    Options
    Sorry I forgot to mention I do cardio about 4 to 5 times a week and burn 400 to 500 cals, so I am eating more calories, I'm eating about 1300 to 1500 really
  • 2DUNNY
    2DUNNY Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Odds are you're eating way more than you think. My favourite salads before and after I started measuring properly instead of eyeballing look VERY different, just as an example. I mean if it's working it's working, but if you ever get down to where you have to be super precise with your calories if you don't start measuring and weighing you're either going to stop losing or suddenly start gaining. Might as well get into the habit now.

salad is a bad culprit. husband and i used to love a salad from Potbelly, until i went online and found out that the one we liked was over 2800 calories!!! weigh weigh weigh your food :smile:
  • cierrahc
    cierrahc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I upped my calories to 1350 and will try that. If I need to I will adjust in the near future.
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Looks like you don't have much to lose. Maybe 1-2lb a week is too much of a loss without being uncomfortable.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    natasor1 wrote: »
    Why not to try to adjust your macros??? If u eat carbs in the morning, it may set your all day to crave. Try to switch to mostly fats and protein, 35/35/30, where the smollest is carbs. Many people I know have less cals and absolutely not hungry

This is not true for everyone. Macros are personal.
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    SSGKunze wrote: »
    Work in exercise so you can eat a little more just track your exercise and add it so you can have a snack or a bigger lunch or dinner.

I have 30+ lbs to lose and MFP has me set at 1200 calories. I exercise (lots) so I can eat more.