Daytime vs nighttime cardio

Options
13»

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    I seem to be getting my energy mainly out of what I've just eaten. Working out in the morning would not work as I have literally no energy. But everyone is different. I doubt there's a difference in energy burn related to timing. And if there's a tiny afterburn effect then it would still be present during daytime, and not only at night.
  • yirara
    Options
    natasor1 wrote: »
    This in not about cals burned. Think about hormonal make up working in your body. if you heard about insuline in the blood, it will never let fatty acids comes out from fat cells only in opposite direction. Perceived performance is irrelevant too. Person may feel really hard working, but fat burn is zerro. The simple answer, the insuline in the blood don't let to reliese even 1 gram of fat.

What? Aren't you the person that claimed sucking in your stomach burns tons of calories and builds muscle? So assuming you are right and insuline prevents the burning of fat for energy then how would someone have the energy to do this workout in the first place? If you say it comes from the food this person eats then this person would not have the energy to go on with their live, maintain bodily functions etc. Eat more to sustain the workout? Yes, probably, but then theoretically this person would still lose weight while doing something else other than working out if in a calorie deficite.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    I seem to be getting my energy mainly out of what I've just eaten. Working out in the morning would not work as I have literally no energy. But everyone is different. I doubt there's a difference in energy burn related to timing. And if there's a tiny afterburn effect then it would still be present during daytime, and not only at night.

I'm useless when I haven't eaten. I don't eat breakfast until I get to work, and in the morning I get winded climbing the 4 flights of stairs from the train, after I've eaten, I can jog them without a blink.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    This in not about cals burned. Think about hormonal make up working in your body. if you heard about insuline in the blood, it will never let fatty acids comes out from fat cells only in opposite direction. Perceived performance is irrelevant too. Person may feel really hard working, but fat burn is zerro. The simple answer, the insuline in the blood don't let to reliese even 1 gram of fat.

Not true.
    The biggest influence on the proportion of fat and glycogen you burn during exercise is the intensity of the exercise performed.
    And that proportion of fuels is also a complete irrelevance for fat loss - that's purely and simply down to a calorie deficit over an extended period of time.

And by the way fasting for a few hours is also an irrelevance - you have far more glycogen on board than you seem to think.

Sorry but you are dreadfully misinformed about insulin.

Must also be noted that using fat for energy primarily comes from dietary fat, then body fat and how much of that body fat remains "burned" will depend on calorie intake. (Not correcting, expanding because there's this common misconception that burning fat = stored body fat).
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    If you "keep insulin at zero" you will die. Quickly. You will go into a diabetic coma and die. So that is not a useful goal, unless your preferred method of weight loss is decaying in the grave.

I was wondering when someone would point that out. You always have insulin in your blood.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/2089224-overview
  • yirara
    Options
    yirara wrote: »

I'm useless when I haven't eaten. I don't eat breakfast until I get to work, and in the morning I get winded climbing the 4 flights of stairs from the train, after I've eaten, I can jog them without a blink.

Yeah, the later it gets in the day the better for me. Now someone please remind me why I want to run a halfmarathon at just before lunch :D
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    If you "keep insulin at zero" you will die. Quickly. You will go into a diabetic coma and die. So that is not a useful goal, unless your preferred method of weight loss is decaying in the grave.

Well, the "diabetic coma" happens from hypoglicimia = too low glucose in the blood. The insuline is only a hormone, which is required in tine amount. The role of insuline to open special receptors in the cells to accept glucose for fuel. It serves as a key to let sugar in to a cell. Cell itself is not able to absorb any glucose.
    If u leak a candy or use sugar substitute your mouth sents a signal to your brain, next to a pancreas to release some insuline to get that sugar to the cells.
    Many people live healthy lives on low carb diet (keto) which translates idealy into a zero insuline diet.

So you're saying a type 1 diabetic on a low carb diet could live perfectly happily without needing to inject insulin? Because.... you're... so very wrong.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options

I was wondering when someone would point that out. You always have insulin in your blood.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/2089224-overview

This doesn't really have anything to do with the discussion, but this particular statement in the medscspe article caught my attention.

"Interestingly, oral administration of glucose is more effective in increasing insulin secretion than intravenous glucose (called "incretin effect"). Carbohydrate meals potentiate insulin secretion through multiple gastrointestinal hormones (incretin hormones), including cholecystokinin, glucagonlike peptide-1 (GLP-1), and gastric-inhibiting polypeptide (GIP). "
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    We talk about ONLY healthy people, especially women. Women are very different than men. We are not just simply small men. Yes, in addition to have mass of body, muscles and bones 30% less then men, we have all our hormonal differences. With testesterone as a first fat burning hormone, we have it 1/40 of men. When man gets simply 500 cal deficit , woman has to strugle to get it in her day cal count.
    So, please, all men who read this, take on cosideration that we have only couple things to work with: these are HGH and adrenaline in absence of insuline.
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I find if I work out in the morning. I eat better foods and move more. Even it is just a 10 minute walk/jog I will have a better day.
  • kimizimi
    kimizimi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    To hard for me to sleep with night time or evening cardio - My cardio rehab is early in the morning and on my non rehab days I do my own cardio mid morning @ 11:00 am.