What's Your Take? (Friends List)

Options
dessertlover27
dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
For those of you who keep a tight FL, what do you do with friends that you were really close with at one time but are now no longer interacting with even though they *are still active on MFP*? Do you keep them for the sake of what you once shared, for the hope that you might rekindle that friendship or do you simply wish them all the best and delete them?

Keep in mind I am only asking OPINIONS (not permission or a what-should-I-do). Just want to know what you all think and your perspectives.

And if this is too heavy for monday, go eat some ice creams and come back later.

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I just deleted about 80 people last week and at least 90% of them still log in daily. Ultimately some were old friends who I never converse with anymore and some were new friends I got after I posted my success story that never once interacted after they added me. I gave a fair warning a few days prior and asked those who might not comment much to let me know if they found me inspiring and wanted me to keep them around even if they are not regular with commenting.

Every person uses this site differently. I felt a little mean deleting active people as I usually only delete inactive or annoying people, but it had to be done.
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have a handful of friends, most of whom have similar weight and/or fitness goals. I feel like that is the most helpful for me.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I typically get cut due to making perverted comments...only dropped a couple that have not logged on for 30 days of more...
  • dessertlover27
    Options
    I typically get cut due to making perverted comments...only dropped a couple that have not logged on for 30 days of more...

Whaaaat? That's like a requirement to be on my fl. No perverted comments, no go.
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My FL inspires me, I don't delete people at all, I guess I would if they were mean. Some people might be finding you inspiring and just not commenting (maybe they are just quiet people) . I don't comment a lot,... but I still like to see my FL out there and I do take inspiration from it often.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I only delete ppl if they deactivate, if they have unhealthy practices they refuse to change (eating dangerously low or are very negative- basically things that demotivate me and make me not want to look at my home page...) or have been inactive for a long time... But even with ppl who are inactive- I've been there and was happy that most ppl kept me, so I like paying that forward for others too....

I basically keep almost everyone, lol
  • harvo
    Options

Whaaaat? That's like a requirement to be on my fl. No perverted comments, no go.

Junk pic sent...
  • dessertlover27
    Options

Junk pic sent...

Phil-Dunphy.gif
  • hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze
    hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    I delete people that only add me because they want nudies. Also if they don't interact and don't tell me I'm awesome daily.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    The ones that add me and don't interact get deleted pretty quickly. If we were once good friends and talked alot but don't anymore, I give them a decent amount of time before deleting. Sometimes, people go on vacation or have things come up in their life. If it has been a long time though, wish them the best and delete.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Man you people are rough. I figure just hang out, interact when you want to, or have a beer. No pressure here. There's a thing called having a life outside MFP!! :noway:
  • harvo
    Options

Junk pic sent...

Phil-Dunphy.gif

Did i mention how i was licking the chocolate chip cookie dough from my spoon during this conversation...
  • dessertlover27
    Options

Did i mention how i was licking the chocolate chip cookie dough from my spoon during this conversation...

Double thumbs up! And you get RDJ, too.

thumbs.gif
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Man you people are rough. I figure just hang out, interact when you want to, or have a beer. No pressure here. There's a thing called having a life outside MFP!! :noway:
    This ^^^
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I used to cut people who didn't interact much. I haven't culled the list lately. I figure it is summer, and people are busy with family stuff, and may not be on as much. I try to interact with everyone at least once a week on my list, and more often if they interact with me. Yet, I still find myself getting cut on occasion. Maybe it's the creeper comments I make on friends' walls.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    The ones that add me and don't interact get deleted pretty quickly. If we were once good friends and talked alot but don't anymore, I give them a decent amount of time before deleting. Sometimes, people go on vacation or have things come up in their life. If it has been a long time though, wish them the best and delete.

^ This exactly.

Plus, sometimes I just get trigger happy when I'm clicking the little X and all of a sudden I'm down like 20 people.

I'm a (crazy) b!itch like that. *shrugs*
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

^ This exactly.

Plus, sometimes I just get trigger happy when I'm clicking the little X and all of a sudden I'm down like 20 people.

I'm also not as hesitant to delete people here as I am on FB. There's probably a couple hundred people on FB I should cut. But ya know... that takes time and effort.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

^ This exactly.

Cut me.
    I DARE YOU
  • dessertlover27
    Options
    I used to cut people who didn't interact much. I haven't culled the list lately. I figure it is summer, and people are busy with family stuff, and may not be on as much. I try to interact with everyone at least once a week on my list, and more often if they interact with me. Yet, I still find myself getting cut on occasion. Maybe it's the creeper comments I make on friends' walls.

Which is why you should only send creeper comments through PM or only to random strangers on the forum. Although I do like all the creeper comments my friends made on my wall.
  • rutzybabe
    rutzybabe Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi,

I've been on myfitnesspal for quite a while but there was a time when I was unable to utilise this app due to an op.

However, I'm now up and running and back to using the app. I feel accountable to myself - I know that I cannot lie as it will eventually show on the scales (not that I use them often) and my clothes.

I also feel guided as I have diabetes (TYPE 2) and the app is practical in showing the amount of sugars I've consumed each day.

I would like people to blog with but although I'm computer literate I don't have a great knowledge of blogging and the 'do's and dont's' so people bear with me!

I enjoy reading people's comments, especially those who are brutally honest...with a sense of irony! Couldn't be arsed with perves...worked with enough in my time...lol.

Would be interested in interacting with fellow app users. :-)