Keto is the bomb!

Options
13»

Replies

• bigcashman
    bigcashman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There seems to be a lot of confusion or misconceptions about the keto diet... It has major advantages over many diets but not necessarily because of weight loss results. It's biggest advantages are not feeling hungry while eating a 30% calorie deficit, very low strain on your body due to needing less insulin, increase in mental clarity due to the body and specifically the brain feeding off ketones rather than glucose. For me it's the only diet that has felt sustainable because I'm not hungry. In the past when I was on a high protein low carb diet, I was starving.

On the other hand, keto is very restrictive. Most committed people combine the diet with intermittent fasting to maximize the amount of time the body is in ketosis each day. I find limiting food consumption to an 8 hour window everyday works well. This also gives your digestive system time to work on all that fat and protein it has to digest. Intermittent fasting is great for muscle growth too, the body being in a fasted state boosts the production of the growth hormone. Hugh Jackman talks about this being an advantage for someone his age trying to build Wolverine level muscle.

All in all its not about "best". It's about being real with yourself about how you can transition from a dieter to someone living a long term healthy lifestyle. We all want a 6 pack at 55, right?
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of friends real and virtual who have succeeded with Keto diet, it worked fine for them and they got real good and amazing results, including my best friend
    For me it did not work, either combined with IF,with OMAD ,with just simple keto, taking all their advice , having all their good thoughts
    I found that what works for me is a combination of less calories and carbs kept in control, protein and fat moderate as macros
    So everybody has his own body and his own style and his own diet which will work for him!