Options
124»

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »
    If over paying some chucklehead with a made up certification keeps you on the path to success, you do you.

Wow...
    That said, I do not disagree with you. The industry is full of over priced chuckleheads with made up certifications...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So it's a sales pitch for what appears to be a reasonable enough "program", or...belief system.

A pleasant enough read.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    So it's a sales pitch for what appears to be a reasonable enough "program", or...belief system.

A pleasant enough read.

Indeed. When I got to the bottom and realized it was an ad, I did something crazy. I ignored it...
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    The author is selling an approach to diet and nutrition. I'd say most of here think the author's approach makes sense.

That said, nutrition can be a belief system. See veganism.

But then to the point of the article, the nutritional strategies/claims behind veganism shouldn't be a belief system.
    Finding the eating/use of animal products unethical, yes, that's a belief system.
    However, the claims that some vegans make (people aren't meant to eat meat...dairy isn't healthy...) are contrary to scientific research. Done according to the advice offered in the article, a vegan could more accurately say, "The eating of meat can be healthy but I find it unethical so I don't."

Totally agree. Some (not all) vegans manipulate science to support their beliefs. See What The Health.
  • mplshusky
    mplshusky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    8wXbttY.gif
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    The author is selling an approach to diet and nutrition. I'd say most of here think the author's approach makes sense.

That said, nutrition can be a belief system. See veganism.

Veganism is an ethical objection to animal exploitation. Some vegans may indeed have the impression that animal products can't be safely eaten, but this isn't inherent to veganism itself.

This is why vegans don't just avoid *eating* animal products, but also avoid fur, household supplies that use animal products, leather, and animal entertainment.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »

A pleasant enough read.

Indeed. When I got to the bottom and realized it was an ad, I did something crazy. I ignored it...

I didn't, because when I saw that it was an ad that contextualized what I had just read.