Water water everywhere.... what do you drink?

Options

Replies

• ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    mostly water from my well - or coffee, sweet tea or milk - I hate the idea of buying bottles of water but sometimes I do - Eastcoast Jim
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    coffee, water, whiskey, and beer. Yep, that's pretty much what I drink.
  • Sugarbird23
    Sugarbird23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tap water (London, England), coffee (mostly decaf) and decaf tea. I do buy small water bottles occasionally but reuse them loads - they just make a good, watertight receptacle to carry around and I also know how much I've had. Then I put them in our recycling service when they've cracked or whatever.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Tap water and when out sparkling water I like San Pelligrino
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Tap water.....here in Winston-Salem, NC. Coffee (mostly Starbucks).
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    The stomach's acid environment changes the water to any PH it wants. Time about 20 seconds.
  • lauraslinn947
    lauraslinn947 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mainly tea.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Tap. Works for me. If I crave flavor, unsweet ice tea. I hate sweet tea, I love the light bitter of unsweetened tea. Coffee sometimes in the AM with 2 tbs hazelnut creamer. Hazelnut ice coffee from McD when my son works the morning shift at Lowes..which is rare because they love him down in lumber so prefer him on the night shift when they get the most customers.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Tap water and I buy Smart Water if I am headed to the gym or just out and about.
    Other than water, I drink only weak, decaf tea and Chamomile tea.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Tap is just fine. Poland Spring for regular days, Smart Water for heavier workout days because I get awful cramps on days I go harder and am not properly hydrated.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Ok, change a bit... any additives to your water, other than coffee grounds lol..... MiO or Crystal light etc???
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    Ok, change a bit... any additives to your water, other than coffee grounds lol..... MiO or Crystal light etc???

None for me, but my sister in law uses stuff like that. I think it tastes chemically and chalky. Everyone's taste buds are different though. I am very sensitive to artificial sweeteners. They taste like chlorine to me, so I actually enjoy the taste of crisp cold water. I sometimes at a squeeze of lemon though. I pushed nothing but water on my kids the moment they were allowed water so they to taste the chemical taste in fake sweeteners. One thing I did do right by them is make sure they enjoyed natural flavors over that of sugars.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I don't like bottled water because of the waste. I drink filtered tap water.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Wondering if anyone has changed drinking waters. I usually drink Aquafina or Dasani.... but just found out they low pH. (being acidic) Just wanting to learn about pH foods (and drink) and living in a PH balanced or alkaline balanced state.

https://www.alkalinewaterplus.com/analyzing-comparing-brands-of-bottled-water/

I prefer to stay simple and natural and cheap, and environmentally friendly. I drink filtered tap water which is pretty much what the people drinking bottled water are drinking. They just pay a lot more money for it and add to the huge amounts of plastic waste going into our garbage.

If I want something fizzy and fancy, I use my Sodastream to carbonate my tap water and flavor it with a few drops of a fruit extract. Again, no waste (eventually the plastic bottles will get recycled but they have a life of about 5 years)

The rare times I want a soda, I get it at a restaurant/bar that has a soda dispenser.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options

Never that kind of thing: Just don't enjoy the flavors, which taste fake-y to me. Also, I don't usually like sweet drinks - even if it's calorie-free sweetness - beyond the occasional glass of sangria or dessert wine.

I frequently put a lemon or lime wedge in my water glass at home, or occasionally drink herb (or black/green) tea, hot or cold.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    GlassAngyl wrote: »

None for me, but my sister in law uses stuff like that. I think it tastes chemically and chalky. Everyone's taste buds are different though. I am very sensitive to artificial sweeteners. They taste like chlorine to me, so I actually enjoy the taste of crisp cold water. I sometimes at a squeeze of lemon though. I pushed nothing but water on my kids the moment they were allowed water so they to taste the chemical taste in fake sweeteners. One thing I did do right by them is make sure they enjoyed natural flavors over that of sugars.

I'm not a fan of the weird after-taste of those. I do like the boxes of freeze-dried lemon powder packets though.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

Tea, every day. I sometimes have Kool-Aid if I'm with the grandkids.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "chemical" taste, and the colors... come on... really???? How can a neon green or orange be natural?
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I carry a stainless insulated water bottle with me virtually everywhere filled with icy cold water. My fridge has a filter on the water line and also a built in water filter inside the fridge so the tap water through that is awesome and "clean" tasting.

I cannot drink water from plastic bottles because my taste buds are so sensitive, I can taste the plastic and chemicals in the bottle - very unpleasant.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm on a well with salt filtration so for coffee machine and drinking I get store brand jugs of distilled.