Was told everyone at work thinks I'm prego

Options
13»

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Hoshiko wrote: »
    This woman at work said "everyone thinks you're pregnant" today!

Everyone thinks you are pregnant today? As if you suddenly got pregnant enough to show overnight?? Unless you work with a group of mentally challenged people whoever told you this was just being mean. If you've recently lost some weight she may be trying to make you feel bad in an effort to make herself feel better.

Ignore her/them. Stick to your plan and meet your goals.

I think there was a quotation mark there. As in, 'Today, someone said "Everyone thinks you're pregnant"'.

(Sorry, couldn't help it.)

OP, after reading that this woman is your supervisor... wow. Just wow. Can't see her lasting very long if that's the way she treats people. I have a sneaking suspicion that you'll get the last laugh here.

I somehow missed the person commenting was your supervisor. Completely inappropriate on a whole different level. Can you report her to HR?
  • womanisadevil
    womanisadevil Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    When my aunt was pregnant my baby cousin ran over to me and asked if I had a baby in my belly too. *cries*
    So hurtful a childs honestly is...

That was about 60 pounds/7 years ago.
    Still upsets me. Sigh.
  • 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Extremely rude. Don't we always wish we said something different after these things pass?!
    Unbelievable.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago I went on a series of medications that made me store fat on my abdomen.

A person at work congratulated me and patted my belly.

I told her in no uncertain terms that I was NOT pregnant but had just gained weight.

Not long after I was quite unwell and required 9 months off work. During this time my medications were changed and I lost my belly.

On my first day back I crossed paths with this lady. She said, 'oh! You had the baby!'

I denied any baby and she didn't believe me. At all.

It became a bit of a running joke at work that I had been a surrogate or adopted a child out.

• newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    lizery wrote: »
    A couple of years ago I went on a series of medications that made me store fat on my abdomen.

A person at work congratulated me and patted my belly.

I told her in no uncertain terms that I was NOT pregnant but had just gained weight.

Not long after I was quite unwell and required 9 months off work. During this time my medications were changed and I lost my belly.

On my first day back I crossed paths with this lady. She said, 'oh! You had the baby!'

I denied any baby and she didn't believe me. At all.

It became a bit of a running joke at work that I had been a surrogate or adopted a child out.

That wouldn't even be a joke. Whether it was true or not, it's a personal choice or someone else's health issues, not gossip fodder.
  • JadeQuetzal
    JadeQuetzal Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Years ago (before I had a kid), I would sometimes drop my husband off where he worked at the time. One day I asked him when his boss was due. She looked like she was only weeks away from delivering. Yeah. She wasn't. He said a LOT of people ask that. It's just the way she carries extra weight. Thankful I asked my husband and not her, but I learned never to assume that.
  • boredloser
    boredloser Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Oh boy. I know that feeling, I overheard my youngest nephew asking my mum if I was a few months ago.. Nope, I'm just fat because I gained all my lost weight back plus extra. Really though, I felt awful after hearing that.
  • jehramsey
    jehramsey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same here. I've lost 80lbs and feel great except I can't get rid of my stomach. If I wear a dress I look pregnant. I'm working on though.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    jehramsey wrote: »
    Same here. I've lost 80lbs and feel great except I can't get rid of my stomach. If I wear a dress I look pregnant. I'm working on though.

Incorporate Hyperextensions and vacuum poses into your workouts. Builds a little core strength that's great for posture, which helps give the illusion of a smaller stomach/waistline. Can't spot reduce fat, but sometimes just the illusion is good enough until the body decides that belly fat is where to lose from.
  • Kdwishes
    Kdwishes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow. Even if they thought that, why would she say that? She revealed something to you, that says something not very nice about her.