Your favorite salad dressing?

Options
I eat lots of salad. I generally like it, but I need some new ideas for dressings. I like blue cheese, but I need some other options. I am willing to make my own at home if you have a favorite recipe. Thank you.

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    My favorite so far is Olive Garden's light dressing, which you can get in the grocery store.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese mixed with a packet of dry dressing mix.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Also this PB dressing:
    jg8uh3peyc26.png
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ken's Caesar, but it has lots of calories. Paul Newman Raspberry Walnut is also really good.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Love the bolthouse dressings so many flavors
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I prefer my own vinaigrette made with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and fresh herbs from my garden. I vary it by adding different herbs, mustard or buttermilk.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    The Bolthouse organic blue cheese is incredible, and only 50 calories per 2 tbsp serving.

I have literally every flavor of Bolthouse dressing in my fridge.
  • green_owl
    green_owl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I usually make my own with olive oil, lemon juice, honey, mustard and garlic.
    My latest discovery is pomegranate molasses instead of lemon juice or vinegar. Gives very nice and complex flavour
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Coconut amino sauce. Damn that stuff is versatile
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse cilantro avocado is good, but most of the time I just use balsamic vinegar.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Kraft Thousand Island, occasionally ranch.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    This dressing is AMAZING! Lower calories and very tasty.

cbt7601x3754.jpg
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Just plain old calorie free balsamic. I also love using seasoned rice vinegar.... I could chug that out of the bottle!
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    litoria wrote: »
    Coconut amino sauce. Damn that stuff is versatile

This!!!!! omg... I am obsessed with coconut amino!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I make either a vinaigrette (olive plus vinegar -- I have good olive oil for dressings and lots of tasty vinegars) that usually has a lot less oil than the classic recipe or a mustard (I also have lots of tasty mustards) plus vinegar one (usually with a dash of oil).

I also do a spicy one that tends to be based on soy sauce, sriracha, and the juice of a lime, sometimes with other things.
  • siofthedi
    siofthedi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also eat a lot of salads but I want to replace my olive oil with another HEALTHY oil that is not so high in calories.
    The almost full bottle I have is MASTRO and it has 130 c in1 tblsp. I eat a huge salad not a little soup bowl size and so I need about 3 tablespoons of oil. Is there something else that is healthy that I can use or dilute this olive oil...it is expensive. Thanks for any tips...
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Just about any Bolthouse Farms Dressing and Olive Garden's Light Italian......
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Balsamic vinaigrette. A little goes a long way.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    siofthedi wrote: »
    I also eat a lot of salads but I want to replace my olive oil with another HEALTHY oil that is not so high in calories.
    The almost full bottle I have is MASTRO and it has 130 c in1 tblsp. I eat a huge salad not a little soup bowl size and so I need about 3 tablespoons of oil. Is there something else that is healthy that I can use or dilute this olive oil...it is expensive. Thanks for any tips...

All oils are just fat, so about the same in calories.

You can make a good dressing with vinegar (balsamic is good, but lots of them are, experiment and vary it) and less oil -- ignore the classic vinaigrette ratio. For a giant salad I might use half a TBSP and then vinegar to taste, and then just mix it around. You can also add mustard to the mix is you have tasty mustards, as I said above.