I burnt 5,500 calories in one day... my NSV!!!

Options

Replies

• Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I stocked up on Bananas yesterday and will buy some epsom salts today for the bath. Legs feeling a tiny bit better today lol.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I love to hike and wish I could go on a long hike in beautiful countryside like that! Your story is so inspiring. Also, you look absolutely beautiful. :)
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    Ah the Yorkshire Three Peaks! Well done you :love:.
    It brings back memories...I did this in 2007 when I was a student and raised about £800 for charity. It was brilliant, fabulous views. I didn't know what a diet or calorie burns were in them days, but I remember the agonising sore legs for days after. We managed the 28 miles in 11 hours 45 mins :laugh:. It rained, hailed, snowed and was sunny all in the same day!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    you are my new hero.

:cry:
    even though you made me cry!

I am so so so proud of you - that is amazing! I opened this thread thinking it was going to be some joke or something, but this is an amazing story.

And unfortunately we know first hand about that debilitating disease, my step mother has been institutionalized for the past few years, it was so sad to see a beautiful, vibrant, curious, healthy (she would flop down on the floor and roll around with her grandchildren in her 70s!), educated woman, and see her today... sitting in a chair, staring in space or babbling away. it's so sad.
  • NyimaR
    NyimaR Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done.

If you haven't yet discovered compeed blister plasters give them a try. I have tried other varieties and they haven't been as good. You can always cut the plasters with scissors to fit the spot you need to cover.
  • charliejenny
    charliejenny Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Couldn't even treat yourself after due to exhaustion, hilarious, bless you xx fab pics, fab post....and fab achievement x
  • Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 60 mile charity hike next year...just need to find another three crazy people to join my team LOL
  • rachdun
    rachdun Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - what an amazing achievement.
  • TimIredale
    TimIredale Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finishing the walk. It is not anything that i have ever done. but may be one day :-)

I have several friends in the forces who have told me about the 3 peaks, so i know its no mean feat.

Well done
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Amazing job. Hope you raised as much money as you did in calorie burn! Convert that burn into quids! I hope I get an equally as great burn walking up Snowdonia in a couple of weeks time!
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    inspirational, well done!!
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    When I saw the title of your thread, my first thought was she is kidding herself, no-one burns that much in one day. Then I read what you had achieved, absolutely brilliant. Well done to you. Many years ago I used to do long distance walks in the mountains so I know how hard it can be. You must be so proud of what you have done. Believe me when I say the aches and pains will soon go away but the memories will be there for ever.
  • afreelandgti
    Options
    Amazing story thank you for sharing!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Awesome job!! I would suggest soaking in a hot bath, Epsom salts help to soothe sore muscles, give that a try!

I second the Epsom salts! Drink plenty of water though, they draw water from your body. Congratulations on hitting the three peaks, I have always wanted to do it, and you have inspired me to try again :) your nan would be so proud.
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your replies. I just had a little walk to try and stretch the muscles out. I had to drop my car at the MOT test centre and was going to get a taxi home but seen as the walk is pretty flat I walked instead. It was 1.8 miles and took me 45 minutes haha. But I think it might help :)

Oh and I raised about £600 for the charity :)
  • Imara6mara
    Imara6mara Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I bet your Nan was watching over you the entire time and gleaming with pride. :heart:

That is an amazing, inspirational story - and in your photos you don't even look like the same person! Best of luck to you on the rest of your weight loss journey. Funny - it might feel easy compared to what you have just accomplished!! :laugh:

As for your sore muscles, you should treat yourself to a massage to relax & celebrate your amazing achievement! :flowerforyou:
  • anussab
    anussab Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Soak in a bath of Epson Salt and take some ibuprophen. Great job!!!:bigsmile:
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    pretty amazing!
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!!!! Hope u heal quickly!!!
  • Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    congratulations! What an awesome cause for all that pain! Something you should be proud of :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!