What restaurant do you feel has the world's best fries (poll)?

Options
1235»

Replies

• JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    So y'all are just going to forget about Chick Fil A Fries????!

I used to love MCD's fries. It was an obsession.. actually. Then I got pregnant and decided to stop eating there and also gave up soda. That was 5 years ago! Recently bought a small bag of fries from there and yukkkkk. They taste like.. nothing. If that makes sense. Just a stick with a bunch of salt on it. Only had 2 fries and threw the rest away.

Waffle fries won't cut it. They don't have the right proportion of soft to crispy. Too much crispy.

Huh. I would have said the opposite. It seems like waffle fries get cold, limp and soggy too fast. Too much surface area.

Either way, waffle fries aren't my thing.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Hop Cat.

https://hopcat.com/

One of the Food Network's top 10 fries in the US:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/restaurants/photos/america-s-10-best-french-fries

HopCat's founders settled on the final recipe for their crack fries (named for how addictive they are) while sitting around a table drinking beer — which could explain why the fries are battered in light beer before they're sprinkled with black pepper seasoning. Some people order extra toppings, like cheese sauce, jalapenos and onion, and almost everyone orders a cold one on the side.

McDonald's Arbys, etc isn't even in the same food group.

That's because battered fries aren't fries. They're appetizers. I'm not saying they're not good, I'm just saying that they're not in the same category as pure french fried potato bliss.

The crack fries are what is served with any sandwich.
  • MilesAddie
    MilesAddie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Steak n' Shake.

When my family lived in the UK, and we went to visit my grandparents in St. Louis, we would head straight from the airport in a taxi to a steak n' shake with our bags, grab food, and devour it before we got to their house.

I also love the fries from the snack bodegas in Amsterdam, with the sweet mayonnaise. I know it sounds weird....
  • wolfruhn
    wolfruhn Posts: 3,025 Member
    Options
    Handmade burger company - rosemary salt
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Whataburger is my favorite. My favorite burger chain all around.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    BRAUMS

Found the Okie!!

They're the only ones that care about Braums at all.

Nahhh plenty of folks do love Braums in Texas and Missouri also! Upthread I spoke of Braum's wonderful fries! The best.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    McDonalds. The once and future champ.

They used to be the best. Ever since they stopped frying them in beef fat (1990) and resorted to flavoring them with artificial beef flavoring and using vegetable oil they have not been as good.

This is a man who knows his fries