Tattoos with no meaning whatsoever?

Options
So_Much_Fab
So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
I am currently un-ink'd. However, when I get to goal I wouldn't mind getting something like the picture below (maybe not that big, but you get the idea). I would like some kind of flower design, but it would have no meaning at all...I would get it purely because I like the design.

I always thought if I ever got a tat, it would have some deep emotional meaning...I'm wondering how many of you get tats simply because you like the design?

ETA: This is not me! It's just an example of what I would like and where I would like it. :wink:

funnytattoos.org*wp-content*uploads*2012*05*Side-Body-Flower-Tattoo-Design.jpg

Replies

• TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    That's hot.
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Nice under boob.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I have both. I have tattoos with meaning and tattoos that are simply a design I love. I think a tattoo should ALWAYS be something you LOVE but not necessarily have a special meaning to you.
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    if i ever get a tattoo it's going to be on my bum. i don't know how i feel about putting something meaningful on me
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    That is going to look like a dying flower when the skin stretches, so it has a deep meaning, she is slowly dying like the flowers are withering.
  • shafikes
    shafikes Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That is pretty!. I have a frog on my back. I picked it because one of my daughters loved frogs. I love it even though it doesn't have a lot of meaning.
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Tattoos, to me, are more about the artist quality. I have one that has no meaning, and a bunch that do. But, I go for how good of an artist the person is. I prefer my art on my body over on my walls.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I have a few that have NO meaning....REGRET.....
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    The two I have so far both have meaning...but the one I have picked out for my goal weight reward is just something pretty I like....
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I have both. I have tattoos with meaning and tattoos that are simply a design I love. I think a tattoo should ALWAYS be something you LOVE ...

I disagree. When I get tattoo, I plan on making it something I hate, because then I'll be reasonably assured everyone else does, too. :flowerforyou:
  • tammycolbert
    tammycolbert Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    All of mine are because I liked the design.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    To each their own, but to me, putting a tattoo on a woman is like spray painting a rose.

But hey...whatever makes you happy. :)
  • LordOberon
    LordOberon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Even if it doesn't have a special meaning, it is a nice design and artist did a good job. How much time did you spend in the chair?
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have both. I have tattoos with meaning and tattoos that are simply a design I love. I think a tattoo should ALWAYS be something you LOVE but not necessarily have a special meaning to you.
    This ^

I have both as well. I have tattoos with special meanings, and I have tattoos that just look awesome. I wouldn't change any of them.

Do whatever you want, just because you want to. It's your body (and tattoos still look great over time).

One thing I will recommend though, is to wait until you hit your goal weight and know you can sustain it. If your body is going to be changing, you should probably get the ink After all of that.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I actually have a flower tattoo that is really similar to that, but much smaller and blue. I think you should come up with a meaning for your tattoo. For me, the flower just symbolizes beauty in the outdoors, which I love and find my happiness in. Mine is a single flower, so it also means freedom and independence. Create your own meaning.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I also am seriously considering a tattoo as my UGW reward. I have an idea for a pair of wrist tattoos that would have meaning, but I also really like this image (which I just found by googling 'lily tattoo')

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgA7ob1jaZ3-fRRjPr3yhmnFY-HPjQHPZ7kyYEVRlppZU-gqxl

So I think if you like it just as a pretty picture it isn't horrible...but then I am also un-inked as of today....
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Personally for me, it would have to have meaning if I am going to put it perm on my body! Both the ones I have now I drew, but that's just me, and my next one is already drawn and currently working on the next one after that too! But I do LOVE to look at others peoples art, meaning or no meaning!!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    im covered in crap that means NOTHING.
    i have a half-sleeve (in progress) of an octopus...am i a marine biologist? was my grandfather pulled off the aircraft carrier by one after a long battle to the death with it? nope. octopi are just badass.

i have my wifes name, and my kids name. those are meaningful.

moving forward, i plan to dedicate a little more thought into work.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Mine are just because I thought they were pretty.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    My tattoo currently has no meaning. The one I'm getting next month, also has no meaning.