Tattoos with no meaning whatsoever?

Options

Replies

• HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Ouch meant to be the mostpainfullplace i have a gorgous pink bow on my bum for my man to unravel haha ilove it just wish i coul show it off hahah x
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Even if it doesn't have a special meaning, it is a nice design and artist did a good job. How much time did you spend in the chair?
    That's not me. :wink:

It's just an example of what I might like to get someday.
  • eej23
    eej23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i have one tattoo that has meaning, but my 3/4 sleeve is just a design that our good friend did and has no meaning what so ever...just pretty. i LOVE it.
  • So_Much_Fab
    Options
    Create your own meaning.

I like this idea, thanks.
  • Slimtastico
    Options
    To each their own, but to me, putting a tattoo on a woman is like spray painting a rose.

But hey...whatever makes you happy. :)

Why is your shadow punching you in the face?
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    all of mine have meaning, to me, I wouldn't want anything on my skin that I did not have a story/reason behind it

the flower is very pretty and if it truly makes you happy, go for it! it is your skin and no one elses
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    To each their own, but to me, putting a tattoo on a woman is like spray painting a rose.

But hey...whatever makes you happy. :)

Why is your shadow punching you in the face?

It must not like me much. :)
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I have both. I have tattoos with meaning and tattoos that are simply a design I love. I think a tattoo should ALWAYS be something you LOVE but not necessarily have a special meaning to you.

This. The one on my hip has no meaning, was simply flash I picked off the wall when I was 17. I liked the design though. My band on my ankle was very meaningful, as my husband had the same one, I drew it, and in Celtic mythology, it meant we'd find each other in the afterlife. When he left me after 20 years, I had it changed into a band that is holding flowers and vines.

I also have a quote inked on my ribcage that is representative of how I felt when he left, and how I feel now.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda sick of tattoos. Sometimes it looks cool, but often it just looks messy, especially when people have a whole sleeve color and details. Seems like every woman I see is inked. Of course, I live in hipsterville. But my point is, it's just not much of a statement anymore and a lot of the time it looks crappy. At the very least, I wish people would be sorta symmetrical. That said, a singular and tasteful image like the one you posted is better than lots of little things here and there. More mural, less scrapbook.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    To OP, I have one somewhat similar to the one you want to get (that's a close up in the profile pic) I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! It does have meaning to me but I also liked the design, which the artist drew just for me, while I was in the room. When you do get a tat, make sure the artist is awesome at their job. Ask other people, whose tats you like, for recommendations. I drove 3 hours out of town to go to the artist who did mine and I haven't regretted it once!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I have an owl on my left arm just because I love how it looked. The owl has no particular special meaning to me I just loved it and wanted it. I don't regret it one bit.
  • Dgadd17
    Dgadd17 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have one tattoo on my shoulder blade that I got for my friend who passed away from breast cancer. I'd like to get another once I get to where I want to be on this weight loss journey, but I may be too much of a wuss to do it. I figured the tattoo I got was something I'd never regret, so I went for it. That's the only way I'd be able to do it again, so it better be a good one! lol
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Some people decorate their house with things that are meaningful to them, and other things that they simply enjoy. Why should your body be any different? It's your canvas. Do what makes you happy, hidden meanings or not.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty covered, but they all mean something. I would love to have "just a tattoo" but I can't bring myself to do it. Good luck to you, the picture is beautiful and will mean something to you when you get to your GW
  • lalalalinzy
    lalalalinzy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't see what the big deal is about tattoos HAVING to have some sentimental meaning... if you like the design/artwork, isn't that meaning enough?
  • So_Much_Fab
    Options
    Some people decorate their house with things that are meaningful to them, and other things that they simply enjoy. Why should your body be any different? It's your canvas. Do what makes you happy, hidden meanings or not.

Makes perfect sense...I just never thought about it this way.
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    To the OP - I have two. One has VERY significant meaning, and the other was just because I liked the design. I love them both. Do what YOU think because you're the only one who needs to justify it to yourself.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    The OP's picture is hot, that is all! The tattoo only multiplied the hotness!
  • So_Much_Fab
    Options
    To OP, I have one somewhat similar to the one you want to get (there's a close up in my pics on my profile)

No can do...your profile is private.
  • So_Much_Fab
    Options
    The OP's picture is hot, that is all! The tattoo only multiplied the hotness!

LOL, I wish that were me!