How often do you weigh yourself ?

Options
13»

Replies

• LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Like so many things regarding fitness and nutrition, if you ask 100 people the same question then you will get 100 different answers!

It all depends on what works for you. If you are one who tends to be influenced by the number on the scale, then maybe weighing yourself every day is not the best idea - for you. If, however, you can handle to fluctuations that you are likely to see, then everyday might be the best idea - for you.

I weigh myself every day, on the same scale, at the same time (right after I wake up and go to the bathroom). That tends to be the same time every day (give or take five minutes). I then take the daily average for the week and use that as my 'comparison weight'. I repeat the same thing for the next week and then compare the daily average from last week against the daily average from this week.
  • creatureofchaos
    creatureofchaos Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and record in MFP when I see a loss.

This system gives me the benefit of lots of data, which I would prefer to have even if it shows I'm gaining weight, and it also reinforces that the fluctuations I see day to day aren't "real" because they don't get recorded.
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Every Friday morning after morning bathroom. It gives me a base of where I am and possibly if I need to be better accountable for the upcoming weekend and week. To me doing it on a Friday gives me motivation to stay on track over weeeknd and if the scale didn't budge it makes me want to do it even better over the weekend because CONSISTENCY AND DETERMINATION is what will get us there and keep us there and all the reasons why we are doing this!!!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    once a week. once a month. whenever i feel like it
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »
    Daily, naked and after using the bathroom, FTW!

Same. Almost everyday.