How many calories do you leave yourself for dinner?

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. 600-800 are a *bare* minimum. Many nights I eat about 1000 calories for dinner and dessert.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    800-1000.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I leaving 60% of my calories for "dinner", which depending on the day is anywhere from 1,500-2,400 calories.
    Yes sir!

That's how I do *kitten*.
  • supremelady
    supremelady Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Dinner is my biggest meal of the day so most days at a minimum 1000/1200 or more. occasionally i'll have a big lunch or a couple of extra snacks during the day that will leave me with about 900 or so calories left for dinner.
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    I try not to exceed 500 calories in one sitting/meal, so I leave myself 500 cals for dinner and 200 cals for an evening snack.

I usually have approx 350 for bfast, 200 for morning snack, approx 350 for lunch, and 200 for afternoon snack, for a daily total of approx 1800, although I'm okay with going up to 2000 if needed. If I have a business lunch out in a resto, then lunch might be closer to 500, in which case I try to make dinner that day closer to 350.
  • SmilinSue12
    SmilinSue12 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I leave as many as possible, it depends how hungry I am through out the day.

Ditto....
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    As of 3 weeks ago, I leave 1000-1200 for dinner (on 1800 calories). Room for a huge dinner and dessert.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I leaving 60% of my calories for "dinner", which depending on the day is anywhere from 1,500-2,400 calories.
    Yes sir!

That's how I do *kitten*.

that's how it's done!
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I leave as many as possible, it depends how hungry I am through out the day.

Ditto....

From the looks of your profile photo, I take it you drink most of your calories. :noway: :laugh:
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    As many as possible. I am a late night eater so I have found that if I leave like .. 500-600 calories for dinner and I eat later I wont snack on unneeded foods, it works for me :happy:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    As of 3 weeks ago, I leave 1000-1200 for dinner (on 1800 calories). Room for a huge dinner and dessert.

:drinker:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    When I was actively trying to lose and logging I pre-logged everything...so everything was planned out in advance and I didn't have to worry about leaving myself calories or whatever. My dinners have always been in the neighborhood of 600 calories.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Dinner is usually in the 600-900 calorie range for me. I tend to plan my menu so on days I know what I'm having for dinner I will pre-log it. That way I know what sort of calories I can have earlier in the day.
  • getting_fit86
    getting_fit86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Awesome. It is always nice to have that room for a larger meal and dessert.
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Wherever did "eat like a king, lunch like a prince and dine like a pauper" go?

I divide my meals into 4 x 300-400 cal meals, depending on how I feel. I prefer to go through the day fooling my body that I'm not dieting by leaving the smallest meal for last - then I'm only entitled to feel hungry :) for the last few hours before bedtime. Crazy or what?
    This just doesn't work for me psychologically. I keep breakfast and lunch routine and kind of small so I can look forward to something special for dinner. I like to cook and have a full dinner with my family. So that's where I put my effort/calories (900-1000). Delaying gratification till evening works best for me.
  • aalicia88
    aalicia88 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Usually about 400-500. If I eat my biggest meal in the morning, it keeps me fuller longer. For some reason if I try to eat small things throughout the day, I'm always starving. Unfortunately during the week I don't have a lot of time to eat before I go to work but on the weekends/days I'm off, I'll eat the majority of my calories when I wake up. 400-500 calories is enough to give me a good serving size of chicken or fish with some veggies and rice. But just do trial and error to find out what works best for you.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    i have a light breakfast(mostly), some morning snack...medium lunch, afternoon snack and i try and leave around 700 calories for dinner/snacks/desserts..whatever i feel like eating..
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    400-500 for me.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    All of them. All the calories.
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    When it's cooler out, I tend to leave 600-800 calories for dinner. In warmer weather, usually 100-300 for fruits and vegetables since I rarely want to eat a real dinner.