I found some healthy, delicious low cal bread!

Options
Jancandoit7
Jancandoit7 Posts: 356 Member
edited September 2017 in Food and Nutrition
This bread is delicious, clean, and good fiber- "Dave's Killer Bread- thin sliced" 60 calories and seriously good! Granted the slices are smaller but that's fine with me if I can eat some good bread. They make one with 70 cals as well- definitely worth checking out if they sell it in your area.

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I love Dave's Killer Bread!! I wish it wasn't so expensive. It's $5 a loaf here.
  • jaimydude
    jaimydude Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If you need some variety - This one is 10 less and low carb as well -

Calories: 50
    Fat: .5g
    Protein: 3.5g
    Dietary Fiber: 2.5g
    Carbohydrates: 9g

https://www.alvaradostreetbakery.com/breads/Sprouted Flax Seed Bread
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I love Dave's Killer Bread!! I wish it wasn't so expensive. It's $5 a loaf here.
    @Need2Exerc1se
    It appeared in my area only recently. Wanted to get feed back on what type anyone prefers as there are so many varieties. I'm not sure which one to start with. :laugh:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    This bread is delicious, clean, and good fiber- "Dave's Killer Bread- thin sliced" 60 calories and seriously good! Granted the slices are smaller but that's fine with me if I can eat some good bread. They make one with 70 cals as well- definitely worth checking out if they sell it in your area.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    @Need2Exerc1se
    It appeared in my area only recently. Wanted to get feed back on what type anyone prefers as there are so many varieties. I'm not sure which one to start with. :laugh:

Gosh, I just googled it. I had no idea they had so many options. I've only seen 2 in the store here and only one that is 60 calories, which is the one I bought. It's the thin sliced 21 whole grains and seeds.
  • Jancandoit7
    Options
    It showed up in my area not too long ago- it is expensive, but since I'm eating much less bread, I'm not spending more than I was on cheaper bread.
  • Jancandoit7
    edited September 2017
    Options
    rmgnow wrote: »
    LMAO @ clean

I like French garlic bread - so buttery. Healthy, delicious and "clean"

By clean I meant organic-no GMO's, etc. -
    I LOOOOVVVVEEEE french garlic bread!!! YUM! But NOT healthy, delicious, and "clean" :D
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    LMAO @ clean

I LOOOOVVVVEEEE french garlic bread!!! YUM! But NOT healthy, delicious, and "clean" :D

Why not?
  • Jancandoit7
    Options
    yeah-it is seriously delicious- but normally made with made with white flour- I try not to eat stuff made with white flour-
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    LMAO @ clean

So what if my garlic bread is made with an organic loaf of bread, using organic butter and garlic? That's clean, delicious and healthy too!
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    LMAO

I can't believe he said my bread wasn't clean. :s
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    LMAO

I can't believe he said my bread wasn't clean. :s

I guess she washes hers...
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I just eat one slice of bread instead of two. No need for expensive gimmicks.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    scarlett_k wrote: »

Eating thin sliced bread is a gimmick??
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options

No, expensive "clean" (or whatever) bread is the gimmick part. There's just no need IMHO.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

No, expensive "clean" (or whatever) bread is the gimmick part. There's just no need IMHO.

But all the breads people have mentioned are much healthier bread choices- Dave's Killer, sprouted grain breads, etc.- most regular breads are full of crappy ingredients- I'm not just counting calories- I'm focused on super healthy whole foods with no chemicals, GMO's, etc.- I wouldn't choose Fruit Loops over Bran Flakes... Have you read the ingredients in the breads you're eating? For some it's just counting calories, for others it's also nutrition focused- to each his own-

Bread is never going to be a whole food and it certainly contains chemicals. But I do agree that from a single food comparison it's a better choice for bread than most others I've seen. More protein and fiber than most low calorie breads I've found.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

No need? Is there a "need" to eat one slice of bread instead of two? No, it's just personal preference.