Help with chip addiction

Options

Replies

• harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I myself use Josephs flax and oat bran wraps. They are in Wally worlds deli department. Entire sheet is 100 cals. serving size for a sandwich is half BUT--when I have to have a crunch, I cut them in bite size pieces spray both sides with olive oil spray, alittle celery salt and toast them in the oven on both sides. They are wonderful "PITA" like chips then and are great with some guac or hummus. OR sneeking into the movie for a low cal treat.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower chips
  • getting_fit86
    getting_fit86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Try zuchinni chips.
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Popped Crisps, Pop Chips, Baked Potato chips and air popped popcorn with parkay spray fake butter crap (tastes pretty good actually). I really missed chips when I first started, and ate these a lot. But as I go along, even these lower cal options don't seem worth it and I find myself eating them less and less.
  • yarrtemis
    yarrtemis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I have found that Brad's Raw Kale Chips, the Nacho flavor, are really excellent. I was truly surprised, because I am not a big veggie fan.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this a lot as well! I eat snack size bas with lunch because my colleagues bring them in, so when I indulge at work, I throw away my apple (LOL) and slowly eat the bag to enjoy it! I can't have them in the house or I will eat them until they are gone. I also make baked Yukon gold potatoes until the skin is crispy and eat with fat free sour cream. I also make baked sweet potato fries. These help fill that craving but are better for you, more filling, and less likely to over eat. I also cut up a cucumber and put balsamic vinegar on it. I also eat roasted zucchini slices with parmesan cheese crisped on top. All these things help. Not having them in the house and eating a full meal before I get too hungry helps a lot too (if I wait too long to make dinner or try to have a snack to hold me over, I will reach for quick fixes like chips and crave them more). Hope some of these ideas help!
  • Shelley6591
    Shelley6591 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Pop chips are amazing!
  • unFATuated
    unFATuated Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have a crispy, crunchy, salty passion too. I eat corn or rice thins (I don't know where you are located, but in Australia there are Balsamic and Sea Salt rice cakes which are the BOMB!), popcorn with some sea salt etc. Sometimes I eat raw veggies like celery or carrot with nut butter, but find I need the popcorny/rice cakey texture to really hit the craving.

ETA: I haven't tried the pop chips yet, but they are meant to be great, so maybe swap the normal ones out for these. Just stick to portion sizes.
  • jomitsui
    jomitsui Posts: 4
    Options
    Popcorn is a great alternative, but eat Chips if you are really craving for it but in small portion. I found a great way to limit my portion, it is to bring a small/medium pack to the office or any gathering with LOTS of friends and colleagues to help you finish a pack.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I like to make air-popped corn, (non-gmo lol from trader joes) then douse it with olive oil and some grey salt. Put it in the oven, in a pot, uncovered, for a while at 300 degrees if you want it ultra crunchy.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Snikiddy makes "Eat Your Vegetables" chips. The Sea Salt ones are amazing. They actually taste like a chip/cracker, and each serving is equivalent to a serving of vegetables. These are NOT the veggie straw things. My grocery store has them in the organic/health food section. Kind of expensive but really worth it.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this a lot as well! I eat snack size bas with lunch because my colleagues bring them in, so when I indulge at work, I throw away my apple (LOL) and slowly eat the bag to enjoy it! I can't have them in the house or I will eat them until they are gone. I also make baked Yukon gold potatoes until the skin is crispy and eat with fat free sour cream. I also make baked sweet potato fries. These help fill that craving but are better for you, more filling, and less likely to over eat. I also cut up a cucumber and put balsamic vinegar on it. I also eat roasted zucchini slices with parmesan cheese crisped on top. All these things help. Not having them in the house and eating a full meal before I get too hungry helps a lot too (if I wait too long to make dinner or try to have a snack to hold me over, I will reach for quick fixes like chips and crave them more). Hope some of these ideas help!

Squash slices with parmesean cheese is the bomb!
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Just eat some when you want. If you deny yourself something completely it's going to make this much harder. Work on portion control.

^^^^^ This should apply to everything you eat
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Pringles reduced fat chips are pretty good...about 100 calories for 20 or so.
    I like Twistos. Nice crunch, and low in calories, too.
    Special K cracker chips are nice, as are Popchips.
    Hope this helps...from one chipaholic to another. :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • kackdog
    kackdog Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cheetos or old dutch puff corn 170 cal for 2.5 cups
  • Jewelforyou
    Options
    Try zuchinni chips.

How do you make these? I have a hard time picturing zuchinni getting crispy....
  • gennyturner
    gennyturner Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love all chips also and can not eat a sandwich with out them. I found when I was dieting heavy - I ate pretzel chips (counted) - ff pretzels - mini rice cakes and mini triscuits. Also ate popcorn. Hope these ideas help a bit.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    kashi new hummus chips different flavors 4 gr protein 3 fiber 140 calories for 30 chips m thinks
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    I agree not to fully deny yourself--teaching yourself portion control is a huge thing. But I've started eating pea crisps, not sure what brand they are. They're basically like funyuns, but made with peas. Super tasty. Good luck! :)