Aspartame in diet sodas causes diabets and weight gain?!

While my parents were getting onto me about my weight that was brought up. Not used this appsince high school. I'm 21 now and 226.6 lbs 5'4"..... Yay. Is it true? Cause I love my diet soda and zero soda alternatives to regular soda :((

Replies

• timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    edited September 2017
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Good news. Diet soda does not cause diabetes or weight gain.

Bad news; being overweight increases your risk for insulin resistance and diabetes.

More good news, by modestly restricting your calories you can get to a healthier weight...while continuing to enjoy your sodas. Maybe skipping the fries.

My advice, hide the diet sodas when your parents visit, including the empties, and have some empty vodka bottles and a pack of cigarette papers strewn artistically around your room. Give them something new to worry about.

http://www.snopes.com/college/pranks/letter.asp

LOL
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    While my parents were getting onto me about my weight that was brought up. Not used this appsince high school. I'm 21 now and 226.6 lbs 5'4"..... Yay. Is it true? Cause I love my diet soda and zero soda alternatives to regular soda :((

I drink zero-cal soda (although I opt for Zevia brand not "diet" brand names) and never had an issue besides maybe some bloating from the carbonation.