What is your activity level set at?

Options
13»

Replies

• AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Moderately active. I work out almost daily and walk my dog. I'm not a fitness nut but I do get to the gym and move.
  • SisepuedeLinda
    SisepuedeLinda Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I use sedentary and sync my fitbit for steps. I log my exercise but I greatly reduced the calorie burn early on and probably eat it back most days. Anything else is bonus burn but I've never had a problem with losing too fast. Lost 150 lbs this way and have now maintained for about a year.

If you are hungry on your current calorie level, try upping the protein and reducing carbs a bit, this may lead to greater satiety. How much more are you trying to lose and what is your weekly loss goal set at?

I would ideally like to be losing 10 pounds a month since I have 70 pounds to lose. My weekly goal is set for 2 pound loss. I had my activity level at active in the beginning when I was working a lot and exercising but now that I'm in school 6 hours a day with an ingrown toenail I changed it to lightly active which gives me 300 less calories. I'm barely starting to get the hang of this range after 2 weeks but the first week was difficult because I was used to 1760 calories down to 1450! I will try to up my protein it sounds worth giving a shot :)
    Can I ask how you lost 150 pounds? That's incredible
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm set to sedentary and I just log all my exercise to earn extra calories. I'm set to sedentary because my activity level is not consistent. I range from sitting on my backside all day to running 15 miles cross-country. But I don't really know from day to day what's going to happen. I just exercise depending on mood. On active days I'm all-out, but on lazy days, I'm a slug. It's just easier to assume the minimum and then add anything extra in that I do. It's been working well for me for years now. B)
  • explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Sedentary because although I qualify as anywhere from lightly to highly active, I use the step tracker on my phone (and plan to get a real fitness tracker one of these days) - I don't want to count my activity twice.

It seems to work well for me so far, but I also recommend the "track yourself and adjust as needed" method. MFP numbers are estimates; everyone's body is different.
  • canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Sedentary, have desk job and that equates to only 3000 steps but I do lots of exercise and log this separately, eating a portion of these calories back.
  • x_stephisaur_x
    x_stephisaur_x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Lightly active.

I have a desk job, but end up doing a lot of walking between the office and warehouse. A typical day also includes a walk to the shops, so I'm doing 4-5000 steps a day without thinking about it.

I log my exercise separately, because at the weekends I'll be out running for 3+ hours lol