Salmon-how do you like to cook it in the oven?

Options
13»

Replies

• sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    If you want moist salmon without active cooking... Water, butter, lots of kosher salt, lemon... Nothing else. Poach skinless, wild salmon in a 350F oven, in a foil lined pan. I'd say check after 8 minutes, but that depends on the weight and thickness of the fillet. 30 minutes seems excessive. Salmon gets very dry when overcooked. The sweet spot is medium rare to medium.
  • maryannprt
    maryannprt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    The lemon and dill several people mentioned is a classic combo for a reason. It's delicious! But... The other day I roasted some tomatoes in the oven (with basil, garlic, a little shallot, but minced onion would be fine if you don't have shallots on hand), then put the salmon on top, skin side down. 400 deg, about 15 min for the tomatoes, and another 15-18 min after you've added the fish. Baste the fish with the tomato sauce about half way through. I did this in an oven proof skillet, so after the fish was done, I removed it to keep warm and reduced the tomatoes a little on the stovetop, added a tablespoon or so of sun dried tomato pesto, and a little grated parmesan. I happened to have broccoli for a veg, but whatever you like, a little whole wheat pasta, great dinner for about 5-600 cal. Different types of salmon have different caloric values, so be sure you know what you're buying. You can buy a big fillet and have your butcher cut it into whatever size you like. ( I do about 4 oz) Salmon is one of our favorites, great nutritional bang for your buck.
  • ammarieeeee
    ammarieeeee Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Just add a little bit of salt and pepper also rub some minced garlic on top and add lemon slices on top of each piece it taste sooooo yummy it's my go to meal prep with asparagus and broccoli
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I lay mine in some foil, then chop an onion, some garlic, mix in a little french mustard, dill weed, salt and ground pepper, olive oil and wrap it up before putting in a cast iron fry pan and putting that in the oven. BTW - I cook mine from the frozen state.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    I saved this salmon quinoa burger recipe, but have yet to make it:
    https://www.katheats.com/salmon-quinoa-burgers-with-mint-yogurt-sauce
  • jondspen
    jondspen Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I bake mine on a drip pan, with a little salt/pepper, rosemary and lemon (and/or lime). Sometimes will do garlic and ginger instead of rosemary, depends on what my sides are for the meal.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Brown sugar, soy sauce (or in my soy allergic case, coconut aminos), garlic, sesame oil, and siracha. You can either bake it or broil it. I have done both. Sweet and spicy.