Not enough patience

Options
Anyone feeling like me ? Been losing weight and gaining lean muscle, but being 50 years old it's happening at a slow pace. I just expect more as I'm being committed and really dedicated .

Replies

• Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You are so right 88olds. Atleast not giving up is the key to success may take longer to achieve the goal I have set. Thanks bro
  • Johncalvinfields
    Options
    ewwj6t0r6rey.png
    Another morning trying to get the stomach lean
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    52 here and truly believe that slow and steady wins. If there's no critical health-related reason to go faster, 1# a month is perfect.
  • Johncalvinfields
    Options
    j3qfmlg7k6bb.png
    Hoping to reach my goal by April 2018
  • kristie8351
    kristie8351 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am a 36 year old mother of 5!!, my weight has been going up and down for 18 years!! It has been such a struggle to lose the baby weight, as I don't eat much, its the slow process of shedding the weight. Since calorie counting, I find I'm eating more than I ever had and now starting to lose weight.... Its weird how our body works!
  • Johncalvinfields
    Options
    I do agree and having children take away time for ourselves. Just make use of the time we can appreciate to work on ourself
  • Johncalvinfields
    Options
    7eyr4kn9rx8m.jpeg
    Gm I’m hitting the weights this morning. Anyone getting busy ?
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    Hi I tend to be impatient w/weight loss, but then again not too impatient because I've been trying for a long time and haven't given up. I'm going to get it right one of these days, I'm working with a registered dietician now and getting some tips from her. My problem is most likely portion control and too many fun meals...I need to limit those to 4 per week.
  • brandeka
    brandeka Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I too get impatient with my weight loss journey. I have a problem with my breathing and can’t do as much exercise as I’d like but I do what I can. The more I do the better it gets. It has taken me 3 yrs to lose 35 lbs but at least it is going in the right direction. I just have to keep reminding myself that slow but sure wins the race.
  • KaysBeauty26
    KaysBeauty26 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This thread is really motivating ....
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @brandeka congratulations on losing 35 lbs, that's fantastic! Indeed, as long as the scale is going down. It's so demotivating when it starts to go up instead of down!

@KaysBeauty26 yes, I agree.