• Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    qlbluzi4b606.png
    Still pressing forward. I’m not giving up. And neither should you
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    So I just saw this post today when it was needed. I have been logging for 90 some days and have lost 18 pounds, but the last few days I am just really getting grumpy about having to pay so much attention to what I eat. I am a few months from 50. Yesterday I looked up what my calories will be at maintenance and they are only about 300 more per day than I am currently eating. That was a bummer. Sorry for the whine! Thanks for the encouragement!
  • Johncalvinfields
    Options
    Sometimes we get in a slump , things just seem at a stand still. Don’t let it get you down. Just make a game plan stick to it and jump into action again
  • karijo475
    karijo475 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am an impatient person in general... LOL it's not the greatest trait, but I work with it. Although with my weight loss I've been pretty patient. Except for lately. I set a goal in my mind for the end of December and at the rate I am currently going, it's not going to happen. Normally I don't set goals like this, but I have to have surgery at the end of December so I am trying to get off as much weight as I possibly can. (Last time I had surgery I had a PE 2 days later and ended up having emergency open heart surgery - almost died.) So needless to say I am nervous as hell and I think I'm just stressing myself out. Ugg... more info then you all wanted to know...LOL Sorry!
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Your weight did not get there instantly...getting it off will take just as long if not longer.

Also...impatience happens when more work than anticipated occurs. Weight loss takes effort and time so be realistic in expectations. If you go in looking for easy and fast you will be disappointed and there will be snake oil people will try to sell you.
  • Johncalvinfields
    Options
    ximwo661zt41.jpeg
    Yes true , each step forward is another one gained to your advantage. Remember the quote, Rome wasn’t built in a day ? Just set your mind to it , grab the bull by the horns and give it all you got
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,920 Member
    Options
    I lost 3.5 lbs last week only to gain 3.9 lbs this week. WTF? I did not do anything different. I tracked, ate healthy foods, exercised, the only thing that might have influenced it was that I didn't drink enough water. I was expecting another loss so imagine my disappointment when I stepped on the scale and saw not a loss and not a maintain, but a huge gain!

@queenbee2018 congrats on losing 18 lbs, that is awesome! I'm sorry you were bummed by the maintenance numbers...maybe once you get to maintenance, you will find you can eat more than that?

@karijo475 good luck, I hope you make your goal. I think health-related goals are the most motivating.
  • Johncalvinfields
    Options
    52xm5zzk9cca.jpeg
    At it again
  • GirlWonder15
    GirlWonder15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all still hanging in there and having the patience to deal with the journey :) Great thread!
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I am there with you on the impatience. I have nine pounds to go to get to goal (although I may drop five more after that) and I. Just. Want. It. Gone. Nonetheless, I'm staying on track and keeping my eyes forward. :)
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I'm 70 and still trying. Been on here over 4 years and got stuck at 47lbs lost. Determined to shift some more but it's hard and it's slow for sure. Good luck to you all.
  • Bughunter99
    Bughunter99 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    52 year old here. I'm finding that rejoicing and gaining satisfaction just from sticking to the plan to be immensely satisfying. That and remembering that these changes to healthier are making big differences in other ways beyond the scale. Sleeping better. Coat a wee bit loser, more money in my pocket etc etc.
    Resolve feels Good! No matter what the scale says.
  • Johncalvinfields
    Options
  • Johncalvinfields
    Options
    7kiel0mzmts6.jpeg
    Gm
  • Johncalvinfields
    Options
    7zhh4r123uht.jpeg
    Another good session
  • Merrysailor5
    Merrysailor5 Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    Great progress so far! Keep up the awesome work. I too, know how hard it is to remain patient and diligent.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Keep at it you'll get there.. :)
  • CalvinatorF
    CalvinatorF Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    9t97kncdx7d9.jpeg
  • Johncfields
    Johncfields Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    lcaarxh3c8i1.jpeg
    Keep pushing
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    You've made good progress! It helps to have photos to see how far we've come