What irks you?

Options

Replies

• donharkrn
    donharkrn Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    When I'm asked to spend hours trying to help someone help themselves physically, financially, or otherwise, only to see them revert back to their self-destructive ways the next week. I know their intentions are probably good, but we shouldn't waste people's freely given time if we don't intend to follow through.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Overposters

Is 6000+ too many comments for your liking?

nope, go catch up to wolfman or one of the real stars
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Overposters

To clarify ... I meant the overposters in my normal feed that post long statuses every 10 minutes ... Not meaning the forums at all. I understand we are in the forums to interact.

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    Overposters

nope, go catch up to wolfman or one of the real stars

Heck, I have to catch up to YOU first

ETA: I just noticed the swear filter does't catch H-E-double hockey sticks and I don't wanna get in trouble for swearing :D

apparently its not a "real" swear word or something. As long as you aren't trying to beat the filter it's fair game. Not your fault if the filter doesn't catch it.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Overposters

To clarify ... I meant the overposters in my normal feed that post long statuses every 10 minutes ... Not meaning the forums at all. I understand we are in the forums to interact.

I hear ya! When I was on Facebook some people would post update after update over and over. Not like 3 a day, like 3 every 30 minutes. Sorry, I don't care that you're drinking Starbucks, don't care your roast is in the oven and I don't care that you're fit to be tied because your kids are out of control demons. And don't get me started on your 19 selfies a DAY. :smirk:
  • DJ_Skywalker
    Options
    Overposters

Ah, that makes sense.

I get annoyed when all people post are song lyrics :D

Yesssss :D I used to have a couple of those .... I still have some that will post a YouTube link so it is a surprise until you click on it
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    People who brag about their weather.
  • DJ_Skywalker
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Overposters

I hear ya! When I was on Facebook some people would post update after update over and over. Not like 3 a day, like 3 every 30 minutes. Sorry, I don't care that you're drinking Starbucks, don't care your roast is in the oven and I don't care that you're fit to be tied because your kids are out of control demons. And don't get me started on your 19 selfies a DAY. :smirk:

HAHAHAHA Yes! This! I know I may sound bishy now, but I also get a tad irked when the MFP posts (diaries, workouts and such) carry over into Instagram and Facebook ... I've seen it, dude
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

such *kitten*
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options

such *kitten*

Flagged. :D
  • DJ_Skywalker
    Options

It is a balmy 40° here
  • blondeandfeistyAF13
    blondeandfeistyAF13 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    People that post motivational meme after motivational meme (like 10 in a row), but never post anything else. Really?
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    People who talk close to your face
  • Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options
    Stupid people
  • MarcA1218
    MarcA1218 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    mybfisred wrote: »
    People who talk close to your face

But what if you have to whisper, in a club or about to plant a kiss? lol
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    People that post motivational meme after motivational meme (like 10 in a row), but never post anything else. Really?

Or progress pics after progress pics.. don't abuse the photo sharing button people!!!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Specific details about medical conditions/procedures from acquaintances.

"I won't be in tomorrow, I have an appointment." would be greatly appreciated rather than "I won't be in tomorrow, I'm getting a colonoscopy" and giving us all that mental picture. Thank you.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    Specific details about medical conditions/procedures from acquaintances.

"I won't be in tomorrow, I have an appointment." would be greatly appreciated rather than "I won't be in tomorrow, I'm getting a colonoscopy" and giving us all that mental picture. Thank you.

or co workers you don't know whell who give you a run down of their entire medical history on lunch break.....and I didn't want or need to know ANY of that.