What irks you?

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    kq1981 wrote: »
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    Acne. Seriously, I get rid of some only to have more show up the instant I get rid of the last batch!! So infuriating!!! I just want nice skin like everyone else seems to have. Is that so much to ask? :(

Adult acne is the worse for real. I struggle with breakouts too. I used proactive for years since my high school days but I recently cancelled it as it wasn't effective anymore. I've switched to some charcoal face wash and that seemed to help but I understand your struggle.

It is maddening. I've had breakouts since I was 11 or so. Nothing so far has really improved it. Most doctors I've seen don't seem to think the breakouts are too bad, just annoying, but they haven't offered up anything that was really beneficial, either.

My daughter had acne so badly at 14. I know how terrible it is because i had it so we tried everything topically we could and NOTHING worked. I took her to a dermatologist and he prescribed roacutane for 6 months (not sure if its called that elsewhere other than australia). 12 weeks and it was clear. Actually clear, not a spot skin! Its very potent, side effects are severly dry lips, sun sensitivity ect but it was so worth it. Shes now on a contraceptive pill specifically for problem skin and she only gets a few spots here and there now.

(Edited for spelling error)

I was hoping to find something that wasn't prescription, but I'll look into that and see if they think it's something I can do. I know the pill did absolutely nothing (one way or the other). Didn't make it worse, but definitely didn't improve it, either. Was on BC for about 10 years before I decided I'd had enough and switched to another method.

And I think here in the U.S. it's just Accutane. Not sure if they still sell it, though.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Acne. Seriously, I get rid of some only to have more show up the instant I get rid of the last batch!! So infuriating!!! I just want nice skin like everyone else seems to have. Is that so much to ask? :(

Adult acne is the worse for real. I struggle with breakouts too. I used proactive for years since my high school days but I recently cancelled it as it wasn't effective anymore. I've switched to some charcoal face wash and that seemed to help but I understand your struggle.

It is maddening. I've had breakouts since I was 11 or so. Nothing so far has really improved it. Most doctors I've seen don't seem to think the breakouts are too bad, just annoying, but they haven't offered up anything that was really beneficial, either.

My daughter had acne so badly at 14. I know how terrible it is because i had it so we tried everything topically we could and NOTHING worked. I took her to a dermatologist and he prescribed roacutane for 6 months (not sure if its called that elsewhere other than australia). 12 weeks and it was clear. Actually clear, not a spot skin! Its very potent, side effects are severly dry lips, sun sensitivity ect but it was so worth it. Shes now on a contraceptive pill specifically for problem skin and she only gets a few spots here and there now.

I was hoping to find something that wasn't prescription, but I'll look into that and see if they think it's something I can do. I know the pill did absolutely nothing (one way or the other). Didn't make it worse, but definitely didn't improve it, either. Was on BC for about 10 years before I decided I'd had enough and switched to another method.

And I think here in the U.S. it's just Accutane. Not sure if they still sell it, though.

Don’t do accutane. I’ve seen your skin, there’s no way they’d give it to you anyway. Accutane is the worst thing I ever put my body through. Well, except maybe for birth control. :smiley:

I tried the regimen at acne.org and it worked amazingly well.
  • caco_ethes
    Cetaphil is bomb
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited December 2017

I didnt want to go down the prescription road either and was very apprehensive but she was truly miserable and i didnt want her self confidence to plummit more and more and for her to have felt like she dId anymore. I had it so bad, BC helped for me when i was older but it was too late and i ended up with scars before i found a dr who took me seriously and understood how it impacted quality of life. It really does work and it wasnt a long term corse of medication. It was an amazing tranformation
  • kq1981
    The word moist.

zoc7wkz1qtt6.gif

No. Please god NO!!!! (Crawls into a ball and rocks gently)
  • caco_ethes
    The word moist.

zoc7wkz1qtt6.gif

I've watch this about thirty times now and I'm not sure she's saying moist

That’s what makes this gif so delightful. It’s like she’s saying it so hard that her cheeks resonate
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    edited December 2017
    Waffles. It's been over 20 years sinve I've had one. I had high hopes. Pretty sure it'll be my last waffle ever. Pancakes >waffles
  • caco_ethes
    csbnga wrote: »
    Waffles. It's been over 20 years sinve I've had. I had high hopes. Pretty sure it'll be my last waffle ever. Pancakes >waffles

Now wait just a god damn minute
  • kq1981
    The word moist.

zoc7wkz1qtt6.gif

I've watch this about thirty times now and I'm not sure she's saying moist

Now ive had to watch it to see what you mean and im really shook.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

Did you see my post above about Cetaphil? I've used so many expensive products over the years and Cetaphil has made a huge difference for me

Somehow I missed it, sorry! Cetaphil is a moisturizing lotion though, right? I was looking at it the other day and considering it. Part of my problem seems to be that some days my skin is oily and other days it is dry. It can't make up its mind! :neutral:
  • NewlifeinNW
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Waffles. It's been over 20 years sinve I've had. I had high hopes. Pretty sure it'll be my last waffle ever. Pancakes >waffles

Heathen! Give me some blueberry pecan pancakes any day
  • 123liveoak
    123liveoak Posts: 2,239 Member
    Boxes
  • caco_ethes

Wtf, that’s not even breakfast. That’s a salad.
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,217 Member

Did you see my post above about Cetaphil? I've used so many expensive products over the years and Cetaphil has made a huge difference for me

Somehow I missed it, sorry! Cetaphil is a moisturizing lotion though, right? I was looking at it the other day and considering it. Part of my problem seems to be that some days my skin is oily and other days it is dry. It can't make up its mind! :neutral:

I had issues with acne since teenager. I used the Mary Kay Clear Proof for about a year. I noticed results after a couple of days. I now use their Timewise Line because I was getting too dry (oily skin previously) and I haven't had any issues in over 2 years.
  • NewlifeinNW

Also, salads >waffles
  • caco_ethes

Also, salads >waffles

You’re bad at math. And life, among other things.
  • NewlifeinNW

Also, salads >waffles

Oh, but I make a mean pancake salad
  • caco_ethes

Also, salads >waffles

Oh, but I make a mean pancake salad

:joy::joy::joy:
  • Kellielvsfam
    Kellielvsfam Posts: 31 Member
    A person who will talk ,talk and talk some more and never even ask one thing about me!Like ,i really wanna sit here and just listen to you babble.I always thought sonversation goes both ways.lol
  • caco_ethes
    A person who will talk ,talk and talk some more and never even ask one thing about me!Like ,i really wanna sit here and just listen to you babble.I always thought sonversation goes both ways.lol

Are you done?