What irks you?

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I know it is absolutely none of my business, but it irks me when grown adults spend their money like twelve year olds with terrible judgment.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    When people(Americans for this example) go to a foreign country and only eat at American fast food chains.

As someone who just came back from a foreign country, the American chains have different things on the menus overseas. One of my favorite places to go to in Japan is the 7-Elevens. Most of what they carry is Japanese. There are McDonalds over there too. They have their spin on some American items, but also have Japanese items on their menu. I was on a military base. The food court had mainly American chains so some days for much I just had no choice.
  • CaloricCountess
    CaloricCountess Posts: 202 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I know it is absolutely none of my business, but it irks me when grown adults spend their money like twelve year olds with terrible judgment.

If you're a taxpayer, it'll become your business; if they've to file for bankruptcy and/or depend upon welfare someday, so you might as well make it your business now; prior to you having to pay for their irresponsibility later!
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options

I was thinking about that today. It's sad to see people buy their tenth QVC blouse instead of using that money to travel or make life directly better.
  • fjmartini
    Options

If you're a taxpayer, it'll become your business; if they've to file for bankruptcy and/or depend upon welfare someday, so you might as well make it your business now; prior to you having to pay for their irresponsibility later!

How can a person decide how a person spends their money in a capitalist society?
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    When people(Americans for this example) go to a foreign country and only eat at American fast food chains.

As someone who just came back from a foreign country, the American chains have different things on the menus overseas. One of my favorite places to go to in Japan is the 7-Elevens. Most of what they carry is Japanese. There are McDonalds over there too. They have their spin on some American items, but also have Japanese items on their menu. I was on a military base. The food court had mainly American chains so some days for much I just had no choice.

Understandable, I guess my reference point was from a trip I took as a teen and just saw the other teens always eating at McDonald's and Pizza hut and just assumed it was the same stuff. I guess it could have been unique. I just saw it as a waste of part of the experience of being somewhere new.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

So much this! I lived in Japan for three years and yes, they definitely have different items on their menus than what we can find here. McDonald's had a black sesame seed shrimp burger for awhile. And a terriyaki shrimp one. They also carry Fanta Melon soda (which you can't get in the states and is delicious). KFC had a a waffle chicken burger that was pretty much fried chicken, gravy and waffle fries all smushed together into a sandwich.

The 7/11 (7 & Holdings) often had strawberry cream cheese sandwiches, bento boxes, kiriban prizes and delicious pork buns. I miss Japanese junk food, lol.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    fjmartini wrote: »

How can a person decide how a person spends their money in a capitalist society?

Yeah. I don't know what I can do to "force" people to spend their money wisely. I am a taxpayer, of course.
    I won't even get into the bigger picture of people making terrible decisions on a higher level. What I'm thinking of is more like, an old friend who's a 40 yr old grandmother, drives a beat up vehicle, complains about being broke, and bought her boyfriend a $260 jacket ***for his HALLOWEEN COSTUME*** that he will never wear again. She works full-time and is insured and all that jazz. But I don't want to hear her whining that they can't swing a vacation this year or randomly afford basic car repairs and other smallish things because they buy 6 new Blu-Ray movies every Tuesday and fast food every day for lunch. It hurts my brain.
  • fjmartini
    Options

Yeah. I don't know what I can do to "force" people to spend their money wisely. I am a taxpayer, of course.
    I won't even get into the bigger picture of people making terrible decisions on a higher level. What I'm thinking of is more like, an old friend who's a 40 yr old grandmother, drives a beat up vehicle, complains about being broke, and bought her boyfriend a $260 jacket ***for his HALLOWEEN COSTUME*** that he will never wear again. She works full-time and is insured and all that jazz. But I don't want to hear her whining that they can't swing a vacation this year or randomly afford basic car repairs and other smallish things because they buy 6 new Blu-Ray movies every Tuesday and fast food every day for lunch. It hurts my brain.

I'd rethink continuing that "friendship." People like that drain others of happiness and life. Also, no adult should EVER complain. If it bothers them enough then they should take steps to make it better.
  • shipleyamye
    shipleyamye Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    When people stretch/ do sit ups etc in the sauna...it's for relaxing people!
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options

I'd rethink continuing that "friendship." People like that drain others of happiness and life. Also, no adult should EVER complain. [b/]If it bothers them enough then they should take steps to make it better.

Ehhh I get where you are going...but no adult should ever complain? Like ever? I like to complain about stupid stuff that both I can and can't control, especially with others who are dealing with the same issue. It's a good bonding thing :)
    But yeah if it's draining you, snip that relationship...
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    I thought all the threads were complained threads
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    jkou77 wrote: »

I'd rethink continuing that "friendship." People like that drain others of happiness and life. Also, no adult should EVER complain. [b/]If it bothers them enough then they should take steps to make it better.

Ehhh I get where you are going...but no adult should ever complain? Like ever? I like to complain about stupid stuff that both I can and can't control, especially with others who are dealing with the same issue. It's a good bonding thing :)
    But yeah if it's draining you, snip that relationship...

Isnt this thread ...a complaint thread :D

Exactly!!! We are here to complain! ;)
  • SpirituallyBlonde
    Options
    My Mother in law.
    There is something is seriously wrong with her.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    My Mother in law.
    There is something is seriously wrong with her.
    https://youtu.be/Bg6yJFYdROk
    Listen to the lyrics, this one's for you :wink:

• fjmartini
    Options
    I mean in day to day life