What would me your dream meal if calories did not matter?

Options

Replies

• TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    A giant piece of extra cheesy lasagna with garlic bread.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Succulent steak, pizza, Otik's spiced potatoes (I make them myself), chocolate cake with buttercream icing (also made from scratch a la moi). Diet Coke, Yellowtail Pinot Grigio, crab legs drenched in buttah, French bread with garlic cheese dip, and cinnamon rolls (both again, from scratch a la moi).
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Fried shrimp po boy on super fresh baguette with spicy creamy remoulade.

Side of avocado.

Side of pan seared scallops.

Cheesecake with strawberry rhubarb topping heaped on top.

Then maybe a good craft beer.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    I'm not proud of this.

Sausage Dip & Chips

1 lb breakfast sausage
    2 blocks cream cheese
    1 can Rotel (diced tomatoes & chiles)

Brown the sausage, melt in the cream cheese, and stir in the Rotel. Serve with Scoops tortilla chips.

That is the sort of thing I'd love to have a cup of at a holiday party. And then some fudge. Gotta love potlucks for this reason! If I had a crock pot full of that I'd just eat on it for a week and be sick :smiley:
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    I'm not proud of this.

Sausage Dip & Chips

1 lb breakfast sausage
    2 blocks cream cheese
    1 can Rotel (diced tomatoes & chiles)

Brown the sausage, melt in the cream cheese, and stir in the Rotel. Serve with Scoops tortilla chips.

That is the sort of thing I'd love to have a cup of at a holiday party. And then some fudge. Gotta love potlucks for this reason! If I had a crock pot full of that I'd just eat on it for a week and be sick :smiley:

See, if it was a cup of it, or over a whole week, no problem. But this, in practice, is dinner for 2.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    JustRobby1 wrote: »
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    Another vote for sushi if you are going out with a few different people. It's always fun to share the experience with someone else.

If it's just you then may as well do Al's Italian Beef!!!

Not that I don't love typical Chicago take out stuff like Portillo's, Al's, Max's. Harold's, etc. but I can squeeze most of that stuff in on a normal day if I have lighter options for other meals. Now something like Malnati's? I have not set foot in that place in over a year :smile:

Some stuff I can fit in but I always figured an Als sandwich was like 900 cals. And then fries and italian ice....

I work around the corner from a Malnati's and there is a box of pizza in the office at least 1 day a week. Always smells delicious too.

Let us know what you decide to do!
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Just take me to a Vegas style buffet with some Cheesecake Factory lemon raspberry and chocolate tuxedo for dessert.

This would also be my death row last meal request.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Wow, just wow!! No food suggestions. I just can't stop looking at the mileage. Impressive :p .
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    So many nachos and a side of pepperoni pizza.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    baby back ribs and wine.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Chinese food.

The whole buffet. Just shove it all in my mouth.

^^^ Me too...
  • AshEvelynn
    AshEvelynn Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I have to get off this post! Well done!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving dinner.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Lobster with drawn butter, shrimp scampi, hashbrown casserole, stuffing, sugar cookies with just the right texture/frosting, pie and bread. All the bread, in its many forms.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    To go to a mexican restaurant and eat all the chips and salsa. And the queso. And the Guacomole.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    To go to a mexican restaurant and eat all the chips and salsa. And the queso. And the Guacomole.

I like you.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Another vote for sushi if you are going out with a few different people. It's always fun to share the experience with someone else.

If it's just you then may as well do Al's Italian Beef!!!

Not that I don't love typical Chicago take out stuff like Portillo's, Al's, Max's. Harold's, etc. but I can squeeze most of that stuff in on a normal day if I have lighter options for other meals. Now something like Malnati's? I have not set foot in that place in over a year :smile:

Some stuff I can fit in but I always figured an Als sandwich was like 900 cals. And then fries and italian ice....

I work around the corner from a Malnati's and there is a box of pizza in the office at least 1 day a week. Always smells delicious too.

Let us know what you decide to do!

I ended up going out to my fav fried chicken place, Uncle Remus. I had chicken, catfish, fries, slaw, and a large house specialty beverage called a "remmy", which is sweet tea mixed with cherry Kool Aid. If I am being 100% honest, I did not enjoy it hardly at all. The whole time I was there I had this "WTF am I doing?" thought process going on in my head. I did not feel like a proud warrior celebrating a victory. I felt more like a heroin addict that decided to track down his old dealer and relapse.

I realize this is irrational. It's not like I did not have the calories to spare, but that is how it made me feel nonetheless. I do not think I want to do that again even if I have a day where I decide it's a good idea to run from here to China. I guess I have issues.

Could it be the food you ate didn't taste as great as you remembered?