What would me your dream meal if calories did not matter?

Options

Replies

• Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Filet mingion and garlic cheddar mashed potatoes with butter, a few garlic almond green beans on the side. Strawberry margarita cheesecake for dessert.
  • Pamshebamm181
    Pamshebamm181 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken pizza and margaritas.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    The biggest plate of General Tso chicken I could find with a side of lo mein noodles.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    JustRobby1 wrote: »
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    Another vote for sushi if you are going out with a few different people. It's always fun to share the experience with someone else.

If it's just you then may as well do Al's Italian Beef!!!

Not that I don't love typical Chicago take out stuff like Portillo's, Al's, Max's. Harold's, etc. but I can squeeze most of that stuff in on a normal day if I have lighter options for other meals. Now something like Malnati's? I have not set foot in that place in over a year :smile:

Some stuff I can fit in but I always figured an Als sandwich was like 900 cals. And then fries and italian ice....

I work around the corner from a Malnati's and there is a box of pizza in the office at least 1 day a week. Always smells delicious too.

Let us know what you decide to do!

I ended up going out to my fav fried chicken place, Uncle Remus. I had chicken, catfish, fries, slaw, and a large house specialty beverage called a "remmy", which is sweet tea mixed with cherry Kool Aid. If I am being 100% honest, I did not enjoy it hardly at all. The whole time I was there I had this "WTF am I doing?" thought process going on in my head. I did not feel like a proud warrior celebrating a victory. I felt more like a heroin addict that decided to track down his old dealer and relapse.

I realize this is irrational. It's not like I did not have the calories to spare, but that is how it made me feel nonetheless. I do not think I want to do that again even if I have a day where I decide it's a good idea to run from here to China. I guess I have issues.

I totally get this. I never really enjoy pigging out to support my long run. I prefer to take more of a TDEE approach and spread my calories out over the course of the week based on my overall weekly mileage. I enjoy eating better on a day to day basis and I feel like I make better overall food choices that give me more energy and help my performance over the long haul.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Probably a meal at a Uk restaurant called Harvester which would consist of one of their 10oz steaks with baked potato, coleslaw and vegetables followed by their immense slice of chocolate fudge cake with fudge pieces and sauce. The dessert alone is around 1500 calories. I used to have it sometimes on a Saturday, that meal, but because I ate so little in weekdays it didn't impact my weight at all. I lean towards mostly healthy food anyway hence eating out my go to is usually steak and vegetables or some form of roast chicken with potato and vegetables. Aside from decent, thin base pizzas and cake, I don't really have many weak points lol.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Pizza, milkshake and as many peanut butter M&Ms as I can stomach
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Buffet lunch at a local Indian restaurant.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options

b6ydzv7avm1o.jpeg

How the heck did you do 55 floors in a day? Does your fitbit give you credit for elevation changes while running?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »

b6ydzv7avm1o.jpeg

How the heck did you do 55 floors in a day? Does your fitbit give you credit for elevation changes while running?

It does. I have a 30 min hiking path through the woods on our property I like to do at lunch when I work from home. My fitbit says it's 29 floors.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Wow, just wow!! No food suggestions. I just can't stop looking at the mileage. Impressive :p .

Seriously. How does one even run for 6 hrs??
  • DX2JX2
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »

b6ydzv7avm1o.jpeg

It does. I have a 30 min hiking path through the woods on our property I like to do at lunch when I work from home. My fitbit says it's 29 floors.

Darnit. My Garmin doesn't give me credit for elevation changes while running. That's the one goal that I never meet (I know I could technically get rid of the goal but that feels like cheating).
  • DX2JX2
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Wow, just wow!! No food suggestions. I just can't stop looking at the mileage. Impressive :p .

Seriously. How does one even run for 6 hrs??

I'm pretty sure those are all day activity totals (running + any other walking done during the day). Also, that stat might be 'intensity' hours. My Garmin gives me double 'intensity hour' credit for time spent doing moderate/intense exercise such that a one hour run will translate to two intensity hours.

Regardless, that mileage is bonkers no matter how it's measured.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Mango smoothies and hot and sour soup.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken pizza and margaritas.

Soul mate. Tell me the margaritas are on the rocks... :o
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that couldn't name a single thing? I have been mostly eating the typical "clean" stuff but I mix in moderate amounts of the stuff I love to eat. I figure it's an important thing to do as I lose weight in order to sustain it for a lifetime.

Honestly, it surprised me.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Another vote for sushi if you are going out with a few different people. It's always fun to share the experience with someone else.

Not that I don't love typical Chicago take out stuff like Portillo's, Al's, Max's. Harold's, etc. but I can squeeze most of that stuff in on a normal day if I have lighter options for other meals. Now something like Malnati's? I have not set foot in that place in over a year :smile:

Some stuff I can fit in but I always figured an Als sandwich was like 900 cals. And then fries and italian ice....

I work around the corner from a Malnati's and there is a box of pizza in the office at least 1 day a week. Always smells delicious too.

I ended up going out to my fav fried chicken place, Uncle Remus. I had chicken, catfish, fries, slaw, and a large house specialty beverage called a "remmy", which is sweet tea mixed with cherry Kool Aid. If I am being 100% honest, I did not enjoy it hardly at all. The whole time I was there I had this "WTF am I doing?" thought process going on in my head. I did not feel like a proud warrior celebrating a victory. I felt more like a heroin addict that decided to track down his old dealer and relapse.

I realize this is irrational. It's not like I did not have the calories to spare, but that is how it made me feel nonetheless. I do not think I want to do that again even if I have a day where I decide it's a good idea to run from here to China. I guess I have issues.

I think it's great that you can realize that though. And it shows you that food isn't a reward. It's just food and it's not worth it to overeat just because you can.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

I think it's great that you can realize that though. And it shows you that food isn't a reward. It's just food and it's not worth it to overeat just because you can.

The rather bizarre factor from the experience is that the "gross" feeling I had from pigging out on lots of fried food that day was almost entirely mental, not physical. Back in the day before I got into the type of physical condition I am now a meal like that would of stuffed me to capacity. I would of needed to loosen my belt a few notches and take a nap. It did not have that same physical effect on me at all that day. My body seemed to soak it up like a sponge and was thirsty for more.

Me feeling awful was entirely based upon what it did to my mental and emotional state. The food itself seemed to be put to immediate use by the bod.
  • savannahfirebolt
    Options
    Burgers, fries, wings... All from my favorite restaurants. Basically everything I gave up. Nowadays I can't even look at very much anymore without thinking it'll be bad for me, especially if it came from a restaurant.

But cheating is for the weak, so while I may stare longingly at them, I just keep passing it up. My figure is more important than the pleasure of eating all that junk.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

I don't think I could go a year without deepdish. Malnati's is not that bad. 1 slice is easy to fit in. However 2 slices of the classic is very filling and if you had a very active day not that hard to fit in.

LARGE (8 Slices): Serving Size (g): 271, Servings Per Container: 8, Calories: 730, Calories From Fat: 390, Total Fat (g): 44, Saturated Fat (g): 17, Trans Fat (g): 0.5, Cholesterol (mg): 90, Sodium (mg): 900, Carbohydrates (g): 50, Dietary Fiber (g): 1, Sugars (g): 2, Protein (g): 35.