• JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup on my hp. It helps cover the warts
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    Beauty is an illusion - appreciate a quick wit, a tender heart, a loving glance.

Beauty fades, character perseveres.
    I cannot agree with this. As a man, if a woman is not attractive to me, she is off my radar. How do I get into her tenDDer heart???? Or hearts? ;)

I'm actually going to agree here with @Cutaway_Collar . Realistically, before getting to know someone, physical attraction is the first thing we go on. If we aren't physically attracted to someone, it's unlikely we would take the effort to get to know them. Shallow? Maybe, but aren't we all to some extent?...

So...going by this logic( which in theory I agree with) once we find out mate and are off the market, we should stop wearing make up and make ourselves look good when we are not with our spouse?

Yikes. Is that really your logical conclusion?

I mean no offense, but from the little I've seen of you, you seem like a confident and strong person who wouldn't think their only value is in what their partner thinks of them.

No. My logic is : make-up has nothing to do with being attractive to men, or physical attraction in general. Make-up is something we do for a lot of other reasons.

Agree with the first point, but I'm 100% certain that physical attraction is the primary use for make-up.

Absolutely not. I wear make up when I know I have an important business meeting. Not to look attractive to men, but to look more "put together". I also wore make up when I went to lunch with my gf on Sunday. And she is not into women, I can tell you that.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Beauty is an illusion - appreciate a quick wit, a tender heart, a loving glance.

I cannot agree with this. As a man, if a woman is not attractive to me, she is off my radar. How do I get into her tenDDer heart???? Or hearts? ;)

I'm actually going to agree here with @Cutaway_Collar . Realistically, before getting to know someone, physical attraction is the first thing we go on. If we aren't physically attracted to someone, it's unlikely we would take the effort to get to know them. Shallow? Maybe, but aren't we all to some extent?...

So...going by this logic( which in theory I agree with) once we find out mate and are off the market, we should stop wearing make up and make ourselves look good when we are not with our spouse?

I mean no offense, but from the little I've seen of you, you seem like a confident and strong person who wouldn't think their only value is in what their partner thinks of them.

No. My logic is : make-up has nothing to do with being attractive to men, or physical attraction in general. Make-up is something we do for a lot of other reasons.

Agree with the first point, but I'm 100% certain that physical attraction is the primary use for make-up.

Absolutely not. I wear make up when I know I have an important business meeting. Not to look attractive to men, but to look more "put together". I also wore make up when I went to lunch with my gf on Sunday. And she is not into women, I can tell you that.

So you wanted to look "put together" so you were aesthetically pleasing. Pretty sure that's the definition of physical attractiveness.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    With..... men are lying or confused if they say they don't like it

Not really...I see my wife every morning without makeup and she's gorgeous. She wears minimal makeup and keeps it more natural...but really, I can't see a whole lot of difference from morning to when she has her makeup on.

My favorite look is when she gets back from her morning runs...all natural and glistening....
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Ladies without makeup? Do they do that?

I assure you that some of us do, lol. I feel fake when I wear it, so the only time you'll see me with it on is if I'm in costume for Halloween/convention/event.

This opinion only applies to me. I have no opinion on other women wearing it; it's just not for me. :)

I was only kidding, of course, but I honestly can't tell whether my daughters are wearing makeup or not sometimes. It seems that they might spend as much time putting on make up to look like they have none on as when they are getting ready for something special.

I'll be serious for a change and say that makeup makes no difference to me. However, what does make a difference is that people make an effort to be at their best. As long as they are doing it to please themselves and not someone else.

That I can embrace.

But I don't understand putting in so much effort to look like you're wearing nothing. I just feel there are better uses of my time, but again, no opinion on those that do. Just not something I readily understand. :P
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

I think makeup is something women (and maybe some men) wear more to feel confidence in how they look and approach life. It's less about being "attractive" to someone (male or female) and more about the principle of putting one's best foot forward. I certainly feel that way when I use it in costuming and at conventions, I just don't feel like I need to put that effort into my everyday. Other women obviously do and more power to em'.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options

I think makeup is something women (and maybe some men) wear more to feel confidence in how they look and approach life. It's less about being "attractive" to someone (male or female) and more about the principle of putting one's best foot forward. I certainly feel that way when I use it in costuming and at conventions, I just don't feel like I need to put that effort into my everyday. Other women obviously do and more power to em'.

Isn't self confidence just a derivative of attractiveness though? the reason you're feeling confident is because you believe you look your most attractive.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    With makeup 10/10 would bang, without makeup 10/10 would bang.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »

Isn't self confidence just a derivative of attractiveness though? the reason you're feeling confident is because you believe you look your most attractive.

I think they can and are separate, but I have self-image issues so never see myself as attractive anyway. I don't think makeup would help those issues, so I don't wear it for that reason. I wear it so that when I'm in character, I'm as close as I can be to that character (within reason). So for me, it is confidence more in my ability to nail down the character I am cosplaying or dressing up as more than being attractive either to myself or others.

I again can't speak for others who wear makeup. I'm sure some do wear it because the two are interlaced; they just don't seem to be for myself.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »

I think they can and are separate, but I have self-image issues so never see myself as attractive anyway. I don't think makeup would help those issues, so I don't wear it for that reason. I wear it so that when I'm in character, I'm as close as I can be to that character (within reason). So for me, it is confidence more in my ability to nail down the character I am cosplaying or dressing up as more than being attractive either to myself or others.

I again can't speak for others who wear makeup. I'm sure some do wear it because the two are interlaced; they just don't seem to be for myself.

oh ok. for cosplay i get that, it's costuming. Obviously different from day-to-day makeup wear.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    been with my wife for 27 years, she is a pale redhead, so I prefer "light make up" She looks great with barely any make up on, but she also looks great when she puts make up on for special occasions (weddings, etc) the only thing is when women "over make up" for daily wear...when your foundation is caked on....nope. I am clearly in the either no make up or light make up.
  • JLAJ81
    Options
    Anytime I see a female over the age of 27 I hand them some make up
  • JLAJ81
    Options
    JLAJ81 wrote: »

you carry them with you?

Yes. Can't have these ladies looking old
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    gave someone a kiss on the cheek once her makeup was so thick........ that day i found out what foundation taste like -.-

Why would you use tongue when kissing someone's cheek?
  • Ironandwine69
    Options

Do you ask them how old they are first?
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    gave someone a kiss on the cheek once her makeup was so thick........ that day i found out what foundation taste like -.-

Why would you use tongue when kissing someone's cheek?

no tongue just lips and i could still taste it

In my mind, you licked her face off.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    When you put a side by side picture of someone, one with makeup one without, and they look like different people, it's time to back off on the makeup a bit.
  • JLAJ81
    Options

Do you ask them how old they are first?

No I can usually tell by how rough they look