PLZ help!!! Stomach and waist getting bigger!!

Options
Jezg83
Jezg83 Posts: 36 Member
edited September 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been loosing weight and have noticed that my stomach and waist have grown bigger. I look and feel horrible. I looked and felt a lot thinner b4 when I was 70kg now I look and feel like I was when I was a lot heavier.
I get embarrassed when I go to the gym coz my clothes are tight.
My dr suggested metabolism booster and fat burning tablets but I have been googling and I get more confused.
I need help!!!

Replies

• whyterose78
    whyterose78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just stopped eating over 1500 calories a day, helped a lot. Losing weight doesn't happen overnight, excess skin from being overweight takes even longer to lose.
  • Jezg83
    Options
    I have always been really good with my diet. Yes have measured both waist and stomach and have added a few inches. It's very noticeable and very upsetting.
    When I have lost the weight in the past I have always noticed it my stomach and waist. Now I struggle with my clothes. I have never felt so low about myself then I do now.
  • Jezg83
    Options
    I stick to my 1200 calories a day.
    My weight has been fluctuating and 1-2 kg loss over 2-3 weeks so it's not drastic.
    Yes measurements have increased in stomach and waist and very much so noticeable.
    I log my food everyday, maybe miss a day here and there but always stay within my limits.
  • Jezg83
    Options
    I know I stay within my limits as my food is pre prepared and my lunches are some sort of salad and protein. I am very strict with my snacks and don't have junk food or high fatty or high calorie food in my house. I am within the healthy range according to my personal trainer
  • Jezg83
    Options
    Can't be pregnant, even though I wish it were possible.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Jezg83 wrote: »
    I know I stay within my limits as my food is pre prepared and my lunches are some sort of salad and protein. I am very strict with my snacks and don't have junk food or high fatty or high calorie food in my house. I am within the healthy range according to my personal trainer

Do you weigh all solid/semi solid food on a food scale (even prepackaged/preprepared foods) , and use cups/spoons for liquids only?

Weight loss is all about calories, not about the foods you eat/don't eat.

If you're gaining weight and your medical tests are fine, then something is off with the calories somewhere. Having incomplete/not logged days can really wipe out a deficit. Could you open your food diary for us?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Maybe you measured wrong to begin with. I find it difficult to get consistent measurements. Exactly where do you place the tape? Do you always check to be sure it doesn't slide up or down in the back where it's difficult to see and position?
    What feedback have you received from your trainer?
  • Gaia85
    Gaia85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Have you tracked your fiber intake? Sometimes, when I restrict calories I don't eat enough fiber, leading to constipation and bloating. Too much sodium and not enough water can also lead to bloating.
  • Jezg83
    Options
    No I have not been gaining weight. My dinners are prepared for me as I get them through my muscle chef. I'm not always home to cook dinner because of work and this way I know I am still eating healthy. I have had blood test etc and everything has come back normal except for iron and b12. I drink plenty of water.
    I track my food on here and I also have my Fitbit so I can watch my calories vs calories out, record my active exercise ect
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Could you have uterine fibroids? I do, and they certainly do add inches to my waist. My uterus is almost the size of a soccer ball.

If the 83 in your user name is your birth year, you're at the age where fibroids start to show up. Have you had a GYN exam recently?
  • Jezg83
    Options
    Bowel habits are not the best since I quit smoking. As for liver and kidney those test have come back fine. Reproductive hormones are not common for me to be out of whack but that has never caused this in the past. This has only become a recent problem
  • Jezg83
    Options
    Yes I have. I usually have to get a D n C procedure 1-2 times a year. But that has never caused anything like this