Options
    Complete my first 10K in October 1st
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Terry Fox 9K this Sunday
    7.5 K on Oct 1
    10K on Oct 8.

But I've done 10K the past two weekends (how the *puppy* did that happen) at 1:15, a time I'm happy with for now.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Deadlifting 400 lbs.
    Squatting 250 lbs.
    Benching my bodyweight - 170 lbs.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    When I ran my first 10k, I learned why you don't run in just any shirt. Anybody who hasn't learned that lesson the hard way, please just take my word for it.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Double marathon is a hell of an achievement!

Thank you.

It did hurt, quite a lot by the end.
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I want to be stronger with better flexibility, mobility, and balance, and I'm doing a combination of bodyweight and dumbbell work and yoga to make that a reality.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    205 squat/145 bench/275 deadlift by February

current: 185/135/265
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    To get started (again) lol
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I'd love to look like I actually lift.. :p
  • shipleyamye
    shipleyamye Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    decrease my split times for swimming, I'd love to get to the point where I can do a handstand pose, and I'd like to get my resting heart rate lower.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Nothing particular at the moment. I've spent the last few years training for various cycling events practically full time...This season I've just been out enjoying my rides and the scenery with the exception of once per week I do hill repeats or sprint intervals. I do try to PR a 20K about once per month but I'm starting to push the envelope in regards to what my bike can actually do as it is an endurance road bike designed more for long endurance rides and not a pure racer or aero...

It's been a nice change of pace and it's been nice to not be tethered to a training protocol and be more flexible...if I want to miss a ride to go rock climbing, no biggie.

I'll probably pick a couple of events next season and just train specifically for those events...I figure with where I'm at, I can easily pick up an 8 week program to train...but I'll likely forgo the whole event after event after event thing going forward.

I'm watching my wife train for a 1/2 marathon in Lisbon right now and I can tell she just wants to be done and to get back to her normal and more flexible running routine...but that race will be pretty epic and one she'll never forget.

I guess my goal this year is to just enjoy it all and take in the scenery...
  • jaymijones
    jaymijones Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be able to run a 5K in under 30 minutes (still at 34-37), be able to run a 10k (no time goals yet), and I'd like to be able to do real push-ups (I still have to do them off the back of a chair, I can't even do a half push-up). And lastly I want to keep all the weight I worked so hard to lose, off!
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Run my first triathlon Oct 8.
    Get my body fat down to 10% (23% atm)
    Run a 6 minute mile by my 55th birthday
  • MitchelA808
    MitchelA808 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have lots of them. Ultimately to be healthy and a good example. Bench 1.5x my body weight, squat 2x my bodyweight, 1.5 mile in 10 minutes
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jaymijones wrote: »
    I'd like to be able to run a 5K in under 30 minutes (still at 34-37), be able to run a 10k (no time goals yet), and I'd like to be able to do real push-ups (I still have to do them off the back of a chair, I can't even do a half push-up). And lastly I want to keep all the weight I worked so hard to lose, off!

Train for the 10k... your 5k time will improve.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I've just completed my goal for the year, a double marathon; Saturday and Sunday. I've got two more marathons and a nighttime half before the end of the season though.

For next season I'm undecided at the moment. Possible goals are a 50 miler, or longer doubles. To an extent all of my marathons next season should be an improvement on this year. I was very ill in February, which disrupted my training badly and I've still not really recovered from, so I'll take January off from running to recover from the season, before picking up my mileage again.

I've already booked one marathon for next year, and will probably book another six towards the end of the month.

Amazing! Well done

My goal is to run my first marathon next October.

Seems a mile off at the moment as I currently can't stand up with out my back brace on but I'll get there.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    jaymijones wrote: »

Train for the 10k... your 5k time will improve.

Funny ...

Someone once asked me how to make a century (100 miles in one day on the bicycle) feel more comfortable.

I told them to ride a double century (200 miles in one day on the bicycle). :mrgreen:

• distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Enjoying myself. Getting stronger and faster and maintaining, if not improving, my flexibility are awesome too, but they're secondary goals.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    When I ran my first 10k, I learned why you don't run in just any shirt. Anybody who hasn't learned that lesson the hard way, please just take my word for it.

I bought a couple compression shirts. And underwear slightly smaller then comfortable. Keeps "things" in place without rubbing.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

I've got a tank top, wicking, neon yellow. It hangs in my closet. Every few months I'll notice it, forget I have it, then go for a run. My nipples want me to stop forgetting

Goal: 17 minute 5k