Kitchen Gadgets

I'm trying to be more creative in the kitchen and wondering if anyone has a kitchen tool/utensil/gadget that I don't know about? Just bought a spiralizer but excited to see what else is out there! What couldn't you live without?!

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Mandolin
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Just getting a basic food processor/blender combo was a revelation for me!
    No more dicing onion, slicing things or grating things unless I really want to. Genius!

I have a super cheap Kenwood one (It's the FPP225 I think) and think it was amazing value for the money.
  • AshEvelynn
    AshEvelynn Posts: 205 Member
    Awesome ideas, thanks everyone!
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    1. Good knives (this is the best purchase anyone will ever make)
    2. Food scale
    3. Electric pressure cooker
    4. Dash Rapid Egg cooker
    5. Food processor
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    I have more kitchen gadgets than I can count, - - 3 drawers and a cabinet full, not including a blender, food processer and a vacuum sealer sitting on the countertop.

Some just end up at the bottom of the drawer but I'm always on the lookout for new ones that I'd actually use.

Last kitchen gadgets that bought that I actually use are: 1) a mango slicer and 2) a cherry pitter. Great time/labor savers!

They're seasonal but if you eat and/or cook w/mangos and cherries, they're very useful.

Also recently bought a cheap lime squeezer but really didn't need it because I previously used a lemon squeezer for years to squeeze both lemons and limes.
  • AshEvelynn
    Oooooo a cherry pitter!! That's a terrible job, I would use that for sure!
  • AshEvelynn
    lol
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    edited September 2017
    The George Foreman grill is the one thing I can't live without! I also have a manual Farberware can opener that I recently purchased.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    edited September 2017
    If you don't already own one - for weight loss a food scale is my most important kitchen tool.

I've got one of those too but I don't consider it a "gadget." Definitely an important tool that sits right next to the food processor. ;)

Oh yeah, one of the other gadgets that I use frequently is a stick blender - a Braun. Bought it years ago at Costco (I think) and it's a god-send for use when making split pea and cauliflower soup which are 2 of my faves.

Bought another stick blender (Cuisinart) w/a lot of attachments including a whip and small chopping container but I didn't think it was as good as the Braun and I didn't need the attachments.

So, I gave it to my GF who loves it. Got relationship points for doing that! LOL!!! B)

• scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Electric whisk.
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    My wife used her Instant Pots 5/7 days a week.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    an immersion blender for making delicious soups!
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    I love kitchen gadgets so I have a lot of them.

My Kitchenaid mixer and Instant Pot see a lot of use. I also have a Cuisinart Griddler and a small Breville convection toaster oven that also get used several times a week. I make several batches of homemade yogurt in my yogurt maker as well.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    love my mandolin, and my slicer thingamajig that I use for slicing hardboiled eggs into salads.

recently I got a crinkle cutter that I use to make roasted sweet potatoes.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    It's not exactly a gadget,but I love tupperware.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    A good cheese slicer (block cheeses are cheaper and somewhat healthier than processed cheeses), cheese grater, rice cooker, electric sandwich maker and a good, well seasoned wok. Good tools for great, "healthy" grilled cheese and stir fry.