Role of dietary fat in dieting

Options
13»

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    What's your stance on cream cheese? Or other cheese, for that matter? I think cheddar was 33% fat the last I checked.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    Options
    What's your stance on cream cheese? Or other cheese, for that matter? I think cheddar was 33% fat the last I checked.

At a push I'll eat mild cheeses (quark, mozzarella, the kind of cheddar that's more like plastic). Not a fan of stronger flavours. Might invest in some cheddar.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    Options
    I'm now the proud owner of a jar of cashew nut butter. Tried a tsp of it (11g) - ew, people voluntarily eat this?! I think I'm going to have to treat it like medicine.

spread it on toast like you would peanut butter or similar

I've heard the trick is - lashings of tea, hot toast, butter and jam. I'll give that a go tomorrow.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    A mild fatty cheese is Havarti.
  • sky_northern
    sky_northern Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm now the proud owner of a jar of cashew nut butter. Tried a tsp of it (11g) - ew, people voluntarily eat this?! I think I'm going to have to treat it like medicine.

I hate nut butters too. There are better ways to get fat - you eat dairy so something like full fat greek yogurt is super yummy. Or chose fatter cuts of mean. Or since you like sugar, if you want to go crazy have a donut - my favorite donut has 16g of fat ;) not very calorie friendly, though.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    Options

I hate nut butters too. There are better ways to get fat - you eat dairy so something like full fat greek yogurt is super yummy. Or chose fatter cuts of mean. Or since you like sugar, if you want to go crazy have a donut - my favorite donut has 16g of fat ;) not very calorie friendly, though.

OMg love donuts. But yes, they're not great for sugar. Once my 1kg pot of fat free Fage runs out I'm switching to the full fat version. And I'll try some cheese and olives too.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    A mild fatty cheese is Havarti.

Sadly Havarti doesn't seem to be sold in UK supermarkets. I'll try the US ones!
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I eat very little butter but it's made with fresh cream, in other words real butter, slightly salted. I was six when WWll started, our butter ration was 2 oz per week but even that was the real thing, not yuck in a tub.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I really like nut butter stirred in greek yogurt. Maybe that would make it more enjoyable.