Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

1800 calories?!!

2»

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    edited September 2017
    Ck103084 wrote: »

Yes, I actually am a vegetarian. I didn't realize. My protein was off. But then again ,I just went through a big can of fitmiss protein shake, a few days ago. I haven't bought another one.
    I'm a vegetarian myself. (Lacto ovo) It's ridiculously hard to get protein in. You really have to plan/think on protein every day. Luna bars, Cliff builder bars, nuts, eggs, milk, Protein shakes. I noticed the more protein I eat, the less I want to snack at night. Good luck!!

Disagree. I've never had trouble getting adequate protein (as in 0.6-0.8g per lb of ideal body weight). It got a bit tougher when I had to eliminate eggs due to an intolerance that developed ( ;'( ), but even then I was still in that range. Most days now I'm actually above, because protein shakes. Of course, I don't eat a whole lot in the way of carbs (not because I'm avoiding them, just because I'm more focused on getting enough protein and fat, so there is less room for carbs).
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    So I was reading one if the questions someone had here for how many calories they should be eating,and tgey were directed to a TDEE calculator. I followed the directions and according to it ,I as a 38 yr old 181 lb female ,5'5, I should be eating 1828, or something for losing weight. That seems like ALOT!! Could that be accurate? Right now im at 1399 set by mfp for lightly active, not including my 4 miles walking 5x a week or when I strength train 20 minutes to a dvd. I usually eat about 1600 and even on the weekends sometimes, without exercing,I will eat up to 1600. But never more than that. I have been losing very steadily. Although honestly, I have started to wake up in the middle of the night wanting a snack,usually its a sugar free jello and a lil handful of sunflower seeds. Today I felt kinda nauseas and weak,but as I tried to eat my morning clif bar I only ate half and was feeling like when your bloodpressure drops. Could I be really undereating? I mean I eat very steadily. There isnt hardly any fat in my diet,not on purpose but is that maybe part of it.Anyways too many questions in one ,but do I need to eat more,and will I still lose weight?

According to your diary, once you log exercise, MFP is giving you a goal of 1700+ calories. So why would you think 1800 is too much? MFP + exercise should = TDEE approximately.

Actually, while reading another question here asking for advice, it suddenly May sense. Like a "duh" moment. I guess I was looking at two extremes like 1390 -1800. But the 1800 is with exercise included or what not. Sorry ,it just all makes sense now somehow.

Yay! Sometimes you just need to stare at something twelve different ways before you can see what the heck is going on :)
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    descene wrote: »
    Ck103084 wrote: »
    I'm a vegetarian myself. (Lacto ovo) It's ridiculously hard to get protein in. You really have to plan/think on protein every day. Luna bars, Cliff builder bars, nuts, eggs, milk, Protein shakes. I noticed the more protein I eat, the less I want to snack at night. Good luck!!

So many more good options too. Beans, chickpeas, lentils, quinoa, edamame, tofu, all those add so many options to my diet. And their derivatives, like quinoa or lentil flour can make an easy substitution if you bake at all. I have this gluten free vegan pancakes recipe with oats and quinoa flour that rocked my world when I discovered it.

I used to eat tofu, alllll the time actually. I was a lacto vegetarian for 9 yrs. Then stopped for about 3yrs and have been a vegetarian again for about 6 months. I'm just now starting to relearn everything. I had a rough 3 yrs. I had a car accident, my son and I were pedestrians who were hit by a truck, I had two pregnancies ,(two boys) back to back , and went through a rough time ,where I gained a bunch of weight ,ate the wrong stuff, and other stuff that left me very neglectful to myself. I used to love cooking and learning about all the vegetarian meals, but forgot. Sooo im excited to learn it sll again. I looove being a vegetarian!! But I have always suffered from verrry low iron. Like a 7 low. No bueno. Thanks for the advice and suggestions!!
  • lady_tasia
    lady_tasia Posts: 13 Member
    Reading everyone's responses on this thread has been helpful. It was really nice to see others slightly shocked and all the encouragement.

I think it might have been my original post that janejellyroll referred to.