Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Giving Up Coffee?

Options
124»

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @deannambarbour can you have decaf?
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I had a follow-up with my general surgeon yesterday to discuss results of some recent tests and he tells me, I have to actually give up coffee. Not make it low calorie, but I have to be rid of caffeine. I have GERD and severe reflux and if I don't want to be dependent on omeprazole (which can make it worse over time!) forever... I have to lose weight, cut out acidic stuff and make dietary changes

Giving up coffee would suck - more for my co-workers than for me. I find that my access to coffee greatly extends their life expectancy. :smiley:

• LoveForWine
    LoveForWine Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    There is nothing like the first cup of morning coffee. I use about a teaspoon of fat free half and half. Makes me happy:)
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I use whole bean, freshly ground coffee and drink it black. Maybe 1 or 2 calories since I don't use a paper filter and some of the bean oils make it through.

If you add anything to my coffee, I will switch to water and do without.

BTW - my faves are Sumatra, Costa Rican, and Kenyan AA

If I have to drink store-bought pre-ground coffee, I like Peet's coffee
  • thepragmattic
    thepragmattic Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Before I started keto, it was cinnamon and cocoa powder. No cream.

Now there's cream....and butter.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    @deannambarbour can you have decaf?

I could, but I have yet to find a decaf that tastes good.
  • MaryViellenave
    MaryViellenave Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I start my morning with one cup of coffee, 2tsp sugar, and 2T flavored creamer for 102 calories. I'd rather have one cup the way I like it, than more with artificial sweeteners or fat free creamers or whatever. I'm not opposed to trying it occasionally with less sugar or creamer. As much as I enjoy it, it's worth making room for those calories. ☕️
  • fitforeternity493
    fitforeternity493 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup of coffee every other day. I use the keriug kind and add a packet of sugar cane to my coffee. It makes it taste sweet without going over board.