belly fat vs. neoprene belt?

Options
2»

Replies

• suckitup
    suckitup Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Potentially dumb question here, but here goes...is the weight loss (and extra sweating) just due to getting rid of excess water or water retention? and if so, does it (water/weight gain) just come back at a later time? i ask because I am a super sweaty exerciser anyway, and want to know if it is worth the agony of EVEN MORE sweat ;)

I saw another post of someone saying that it was just water weight. This could be true. I am just seeing results now and am not complaining on where it came from. I may change my mind later if it comes back. Good question though.
  • lizmccl
    lizmccl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have one that I just started to wear and I was wondering if it really made a difference other then giving me back support.... After reading all your stories I think I'll keep wearing it... I have that c-section flap too and I can't get rid of it!!!!!
  • suckitup
    suckitup Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Now that I have hit my goal weight, I have seen more results from the midsection than ever before. The summer has SOLD me on these belts and I am convinced that my c-section area has shrunk because of it. That area is the only part left now that needs attention, but it is a millions times better than when I started.

I did buy another $5 one to alternate. There is much wear from the first one.

Good luck to you all. If I ever have abs of steel I will take a picture to post. Don't hold your breath though. :wink:
  • usnavyret
    Options
    I'm using it for maintenance. I have the type with velcro closure from ****'s Sporting Goods. I've lost 52 lbs over the last 2 years through a strict diet and mild exercise. I drink a lot of water at work, when I get home the belt goes on before my late afternoon bike ride, walk or mild workout. I hit my target weight and am still consuming a strict diet, and continuing the routines. The belt is unbelievable. I have recommended it to a few other people. I would have liked to have found this site when I started.
  • jenniferstanton
    jenniferstanton Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ajasmann
    Options
    It could be just water weight, but, I notice when I wear mine I am holding in my tummy. Whereas before I would let it just hang out. I think the constant holding in of the tummy is also contributing to the loss of inches. I also have the C-Section pouch. It is not gone, but the belt helps. I have 2 of them because I have not found a high waisted one. So I put 1 on the lower part of my tummy & the other one on the top part of my tummy. It actually works out better for me because I like it tighter on the bottom than the top.