Why hasn't MFP improved?

Options

Replies

• debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    The people I work with who log their food with MFP don't use the forums at all. They are still believing you need to cut out everything and eat as few calories as they can.
  • Onthetrinity
    Onthetrinity Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for over a year, MapMyRide several years. However, I'm a newbie to this discussion group, but experienced in user forums. Finding this thread was accidental, but glad I did. Lots of participants and a variety of opinions is a sign of a healthy user population, IMO.

The original poster's (OP?) points were well made and comprehensive. Responses were all over the place. Some were on point and helpful. I've nothing to add, for now, but look forward to finding additional lively discussions here.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    According to this, only about 6% of visitors to myfitnesspal.com then go to the forums... https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/myfitnesspal.com

I'd love to know the stats on members who actively log food vs have one forum post or more.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    According to this, only about 6% of visitors to myfitnesspal.com then go to the forums... https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/myfitnesspal.com

I'd love to know the stats on members who actively log food vs have one forum post or more.

out of the appx 50+ people I know personally that log here none use the forums and if they log it is sporadic at best....
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Well since someone else revived this post, I did want to acknowledge that MFP has done a lot to integrate fitness trackers automatically into the calories burned calculations and your daily activity which I think is pretty cool.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Well since someone else revived this post, I did want to acknowledge that MFP has done a lot to integrate fitness trackers automatically into the calories burned calculations and your daily activity which I think is pretty cool.

Expect when the fitness trackers reliably overestimates calories burned...
  • davidylin
    davidylin Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I suspect that's because no one has worked to improve this product for years. It's now owned by a clothing company if that tells you much.
  • Alatariel75
    Options

Expect when the fitness trackers reliably overestimates calories burned...

Isn't that the tracker's problem though?
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I feel like this app as greatly improved since 2012. I tried while trying to loose weight before getting married. I hated that anytime I went over on carbs or sodium that is would go red on me. Also back then you could close out a dairy when way under the 1200 calorie mark. I know this because that is what I did.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    With this and all other apps and sites, I use what I can and leave the rest. None of them owes users anything.
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    MFP, aren't miracle workers.They give us the tools to do the work if we haven't the gumption to use them or are to lazy to get on and do it, why blame them!
  • sicutz
    sicutz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There's too much difference or lacking features between the app and the website, the add yesterday's breakfast for instance isn't on the website only on the app.

The app is pretty good, it's the website that needs more quick helpful features.

They need to behave similarly and consistently.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    sicutz wrote: »
    There's too much difference or lacking features between the app and the website, the add yesterday's breakfast for instance isn't on the website only on the app.

The app is pretty good, it's the website that needs more quick helpful features.

They need to behave similarly and consistently.

no I htink you are mistaken with that...

I just checked on the website and you can copy from yesterday...I prefer the website to be honest.

• duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    So much for moderators supposedly never showing up on the boards. They just closed the thread from that fool eating 500-900 calories a day.
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I've also been on MFP since 2012. Two concrete improvements I know of are the verified entries for foods (with the check mark) and being able to import recipes from websites really easily. I'm pretty sure the verified entries happened after UA bought the site.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    duskyjewel wrote: »
    I've also been on MFP since 2012. Two concrete improvements I know of are the verified entries for foods (with the check mark) and being able to import recipes from websites really easily. I'm pretty sure the verified entries happened after UA bought the site.

I think the asterisked items (which were USDA entries) were much better than the green checks - so many of them are plain wrong, but the green mark makes people think they can trust them.