Fiber

Options
2»

Replies

• rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's vegetable noodles, it's 56g or 2 ounces. I weighed it dry but it definitely seemed like a lot of noodles.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    x6wrt6p5qly6.png
    Sorry I was wrong it's anywhere from 5-25!

I had my colon and rectum removed recently so i do not store waste and I only lost 10 lbs. My colorectal surgeon says that the colon and rectum themselves weigh 5-10 lbs so that explains my loss. If we carried even close to 20 lbs I would have list much more weight.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    Yeah I wasn't entirely sure if it was correct, but thanks! I was misled!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    My doctor was telling me about Elvis, but I'm not sure how entirely true that is, but that's a lot either way!

If your doctor didn't mention the causes of Elvis's condition, you should get another doctor:

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/gruesome/fecalcolon.asp

This account makes it sound like Elvis was a prime example of the hazards of the “goo and glue” diet, but his poor eating habits (greasy, cholesterol-laden foods such as cheeseburgers, french fries, bacon, fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches, ice cream) were far less responsible for the condition of his colon than other factors, such as his congenitally twisted ganglionic fold, his overuse of laxatives, and, primarily, his prolonged drug abuse.

As one of the autopsy doctors described, “When you take downer-type drugs, depressants, narcotics, a lot of them, most of them, have the concomitant effect of slowing down the digestive system. In other words, the locomotive action of the bowel quits working, so it gets packed with food, and then it gets packed with more food. And it sits there distended and full of food, and that causes the colon to stretch.” In other words, it was drugs, not meat, that caused the severely impacted condition of Elvis’ colon.

Narcotics definitely cause severe constipation. I was on them regularly before surgery and became very constipated even with Crohn's which in me causes the other extreme
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    x6wrt6p5qly6.png
    Sorry I was wrong it's anywhere from 5-25!

I had my colon and rectum removed recently so i do not store waste and I only lost 10 lbs. My colorectal surgeon says that the colon and rectum themselves weigh 5-10 lbs so that explains my lose. If we carried even close to 20 lbs I would have list much more weight.

And one would presume that your colon was not working optimally, so if any colon was going to be retaining waste, it would be one that needed removing.
  • rickiimarieee
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Yes when I took my pain pills from surgery from having my cancerous tumors removed, I was so backed up!