New to keto diet

Options
Hello I started the keto diet on sep 11 with a weight of 210 as of today sep 19, i have lost 8lbs. It's amazing how this way of eating makes a big difference. I'm pretty new to this so I was wondering if maybe we could share what are good foods and what are not.
I'm in love with this keto diet

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    I have been eating keto with intermittent fasting for about 6 months. Lost about 36 pounds. It works very well for some people.

Here's a good list to get you started.

https://www.ruled.me/ketogenic-diet-food-list/
  • lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome to this WOE. I started a keto diet 6 weeks ago with a weight of 214 and like you lost 8lbs the first week. After that I didn't lose anything for 2 weeks and I'm down a total of 13.6 lbs now. You should prepare yourself for some stalls and slower weight loss than you initially saw.

I'm not sure what you mean by "what are good foods and what are not". Do you mean healthy foods? or good keto foods?
  • veroypaco05
    veroypaco05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good keto foods, I'm still learning. I really don't know a lot about what kind of food is a keto friendly food. I'm eating bacon, eggs, sausage, avocado, shrimp, steaks, pork chops. And as far as fruit only berries. I'm also using MCT oil on my bulletproof coffee.
  • njwenderski
    njwenderski Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Those are all good foods. Don't forget to eat leafy green vegetables too for your fiber. Apples are another good fruit in the keto diet. Olive oil is a good way to add fat (if you are having trouble with that). You can also eat chicken, but make sure to buy with a whole chicken or cut up pieces (more fat) and eat the dark meat before the white meat. And make sure you stay away from all grains. I'm using the keto diet for health reasons and I've merged it with a protocol which makes it even harder, but I feel much better, with more energy than I have in a very long time! Good luck! (You can add me if you'd like)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    The Low Carber Daily group usually has at least one thread going on recipes and foods. It isn't all keto but the LCHF foods can be modified to fit. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

I tend to stick with meats, seafood, nuts, seeds, olives (and oil), coconut (cream, shredded and oil), full fat dairy (sourcream, plain yogurt, whipped cream, butter, cheese), eggs, veggies and occasional berries. My food looks pretty normal - just no starchy or sugary side dishes or desserts.

My go to snacks are cheese and pepperoni, cans of seafood, nuts, eggs, veggies and cheese or sourcream dip.
  • veroypaco05
    veroypaco05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the info I really appreciate it