2»

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    @cee134 wrote: »
    misnomer1 wrote: »
    misnomer1 wrote: »
    anyone else concerned about sky high pricey valuations on global equity markets? if yes, how are you preparing?

Let me guess, you're a first-year grad student; you just got finished reading some Marxian historian, Pete Garrison probably. You're gonna be convinced of that 'till next month when you get to James Lemon. Then you're going to be talking about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist way back in 1740. That's gonna last until next year; you're gonna be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talkin' about, you know, the pre-revolutionary utopia and the capital-forming effects of military mobilization.

No. im an MBA from a top BSchool in India with an IQ of 145 and 7 years of experience. I was a trader who traded FX for an investment bank for 4 years, before i started my own business.

Did you start school as a janitor that solved a difficult graduate-level math problem, to be discovered by a Professor, who decides to help you reach your potential. However, did you get in trouble and the Professor had to make a deal to get leniency for you if you got treatment from Robin Williams?

Sounds a lot like my story. Before being laid off I worked at a college as a janitor even though I felt like I was smarter than most of the people who went there. Sometimes I would see an equation written on a blackboard like half an equation and... I just figure it out.

Yeah, anyway. My best friend is Ben Affleck.

Know any good nannies?
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I picked up Alibaba and JD because I can't time the market and was tired of waiting for a downturn. I wanted arista to drop an additional .25 cents before I bought and missed, its up $5 in two days. I saw a fascinating article (Motley Fool) showed a investment in S&P 500 made in February 2007, the last high before the 2008 drop. It would be worth $209K now. If you added $1000 each month it would be $452K. If you were able to add $5000 each month it would be worth $1.42M. To the OP I am holding some cash for buying opportunities when there is a downturn and not selling anything. If something intrigues me I am still buying. Time is on my side...I hope.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,499 Member
    Options
    India does not have good B schools.

maybe not..... but have you had the Tandoori Chicken?

it's delicious!
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    I picked up Alibaba and JD because I can't time the market and was tired of waiting for a downturn. I wanted arista to drop an additional .25 cents before I bought and missed, its up $5 in two days. I saw a fascinating article (Motley Fool) showed a investment in S&P 500 made in February 2007, the last high before the 2008 drop. It would be worth $209K now. If you added $1000 each month it would be $452K. If you were able to add $5000 each month it would be worth $1.42M. To the OP I am holding some cash for buying opportunities when there is a downturn and not selling anything. If something intrigues me I am still buying. Time is on my side...I hope.

I've sold some equity. Reduced allocation to 30%. Allocated to bonds and bank deposits. I'm looking to start buying again for long term on corrections of 20%. I put money only on index etfs, no stock picking.

I run a model when I sell when Price to equity valuations go over 95%ile of historical and buy when they fall to 50%ile or lower. Don't touch in between.