First time keto

Options
I'm 27 with a 6 year old. I've had this app before for calorie counting, but I always get unmotivated >_<
I recently got interested in keto and decided i had to try again. Looking for some keto friends to help motivate eachother :) or anyone even if youre not doing keto!

Replies

• mamabear081
    mamabear081 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow keto eater. I've just started too. How are you going with counting your macros
  • maryeguad
    maryeguad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I am just going to start keto as well! This is completely new to me! I am 37 and have 6 kids.. my youngest will be two in November and I am tired of holding onto these 30 lbs of fat after having all my kids! It's time for the fat to go!
  • ThatFreakinNinja
    ThatFreakinNinja Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto as well. Feel free to add me I would love to hear about your experience on the Keto diet. :)
  • watsonsp
    watsonsp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm new to keto as well and would to lose about 10lbs of fat. Does anyone have a simple eating plan you could share?

• 20mightymouse16
    20mightymouse16 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Ive been on it a couple times and on it now :-)
  • watsonsp
    watsonsp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Did you have success?
  • rbilikas1007
    rbilikas1007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also just started Keto , Feel free to add me I would love to hear about your experience !
  • 20mightymouse16
    20mightymouse16 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    yes, I dropped some weight, felt good. ONly thing I struggled with was high intensity cardio. I didnt do as well with it on Keto....I get most of my guidence from Jason Wittrock off you tube. He is bodybuilding.com model and is ripped to the bone LOL he does video blogs. I like the keto though but you have to track it close at first
  • danihomem457
    danihomem457 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi ...new to keto and intermittent fasting(5 days so far). i definitely can use some advice and support. fasting is fine (16/8) but struggling with ideas for keto meals. my whole life of "eating right" got me nowhere and now im having hard time no eating fruits and veggies. my daily consuming fat % is always low and protein higher than what should be.
    any ideas ????
    anyone posting on Instagram as well?
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://low-carb-scams.com/

@danihomem457 ...yes, I'm also on IG. PM/DM me and I'll give you my username there.
  • danihomem457
    danihomem457 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Keto works for most people it's worth reading up on so you understand how it works, many people use it from overweight to top athletes, ultra runners and cyclists seem to be adopting keto.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Today is day 5 for me. Down 5 pounds so far this week. I went into ketosis as of yesterday.
  • sway1080
    sway1080 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to keto myself. Started about 2.5 weeks ago. I lost a lot of water weight I think the first week...at least 4lbs. Then this past week and half I've lost about 1.5lbs. Going well so far it's actually the only eating plan I've done that's actually made me feel fuller and I tend to eat less. Keeping track of calories/macros on MFP mainly but not toooo strictly yet but not going too far over 1300-1400 cals a day.
    I have about another 25-30lbs to lose but I think I can do this :smiley: may start a work out plan soon as well.
    I noticed after the 1st week I had more energy and I was more alert as well :smile:
  • Ruthy161
    Ruthy161 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sending y'all friend requests. I need supportive keto friends. <3