How many fitness pals meal prep??

Options
13»

Replies

• KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I meal plan and cook in batches so the leftovers are in the fridge. Once a month for a week i have "leftovers" week which is easily the best week of eating because it is so easy. I generally meal prep my lunch for the week - soup or a mix of couscous, veggies and meat.
  • Fitkam90
    Fitkam90 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I meal plan and cook in batches so the leftovers are in the fridge. Once a month for a week i have "leftovers" week which is easily the best week of eating because it is so easy. I generally meal prep my lunch for the week - soup or a mix of couscous, veggies and meat.

That's great :smiley:
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    unigirl143 wrote: »
    We have the routine of meal planning for the week before grocery shopping. I have just now gotten back in the habit of freezing some meals for later but I usually make big batches and eat the leftovers for lunches at work so that is kind of the same thing.

Works just as well
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't. I just don't feel like it's that hard to cook a meal at night after work and I usually just take leftovers for lunch. I don't like spending valuable weekend time making a bunch of food
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I don't. I just don't feel like it's that hard to cook a meal at night after work and I usually just take leftovers for lunch. I don't like spending valuable weekend time making a bunch of food

Understandable!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Yes...no...maybe...kinda.

I don't prep a whole weeks worth of food. Lunches are often leftovers from the night before, especially now that we're getting into stew season. I usually grill up a bunch of chicken on Sunday for lunches...mostly for my wife as I like variety and eating chicken everyday for lunch would get old...I take it maybe once or twice per week. I often make a pot of beans on the weekend to have on hand for the week for whoever wants them which is mostly me and my youngest boy. I scramble my eggs usually the night before and reheat when I get to work. Dinner is almost always fresh...I'm the primary cook and cooking is a de-stresser for me, so I like to do it in the evenings.
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Yes...no...maybe...kinda.

I don't prep a whole weeks worth of food. Lunches are often leftovers from the night before, especially now that we're getting into stew season. I usually grill up a bunch of chicken on Sunday for lunches...mostly for my wife as I like variety and eating chicken everyday for lunch would get old...I take it maybe once or twice per week. I often make a pot of beans on the weekend to have on hand for the week for whoever wants them which is mostly me and my youngest boy. I scramble my eggs usually the night before and reheat when I get to work. Dinner is almost always fresh...I'm the primary cook and cooking is a de-stresser for me, so I like to do it in the evenings.

Sounds like you've got your routine down. Cooking is a great de-stresser.
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I am 100% a meal prepper. Every few months I will stock my freezer with indivdual serving size meals that I can take to work for lunches. Every weekend I will plan all me meals/snacks for the week, and prep and measure any fresh ingredients. (To me it is a valuable use of my time). Meal prep doesn't mean you are not cooking at night. For dinners that I plan on cooking, I will prep the food over the weekend so all I have to do is the actual cooking.
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    I am 100% a meal prepper. Every few months I will stock my freezer with indivdual serving size meals that I can take to work for lunches. Every weekend I will plan all me meals/snacks for the week, and prep and measure any fresh ingredients. (To me it is a valuable use of my time). Meal prep doesn't mean you are not cooking at night. For dinners that I plan on cooking, I will prep the food over the weekend so all I have to do is the actual cooking.

Yes! Meal prepping is such a useful tool.
  • alyrie
    alyrie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I meal prep every single Sunday! I'm a single mom working out 6-7 days per week and getting both kids to gymnastics/soccer/church/basketball, so if I don't prep I get really stressed out and make really bad food decisions.

I make all my breakfasts (2 eggs and either 1 sausage patty or 2 slices of bacon) in smaller containers for the week, lunches for me and the girls to get us to Wednesday (because I don't have room for more lunchbox containers, lol) and I'll bake potatoes/steam or roast veggies and shred a rotisserie chicken to stick in the fridge for dinners throughout the week. I'll do a loaf of banana bread for the girls on Sunday night with any mushy bananas from the week before that didn't make their way into lunchboxes.

I can do a LOT with leftover veggies, grilled/rotisserie/baked chicken leftovers, leftover bacon slices and whatever else is in the house. Frozen shrimp can be thrown in a skillet with leftover veggies, some sesame or olive oil and sesame seeds and it's mmmmmmm. <3
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    alyrie wrote: »
    I meal prep every single Sunday! I'm a single mom working out 6-7 days per week and getting both kids to gymnastics/soccer/church/basketball, so if I don't prep I get really stressed out and make really bad food decisions.

I make all my breakfasts (2 eggs and either 1 sausage patty or 2 slices of bacon) in smaller containers for the week, lunches for me and the girls to get us to Wednesday (because I don't have room for more lunchbox containers, lol) and I'll bake potatoes/steam or roast veggies and shred a rotisserie chicken to stick in the fridge for dinners throughout the week. I'll do a loaf of banana bread for the girls on Sunday night with any mushy bananas from the week before that didn't make their way into lunchboxes.

I can do a LOT with leftover veggies, grilled/rotisserie/baked chicken leftovers, leftover bacon slices and whatever else is in the house. Frozen shrimp can be thrown in a skillet with leftover veggies, some sesame or olive oil and sesame seeds and it's mmmmmmm. <3

Wow, you're Super Mom!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Fitkam90 wrote: »
    IamBorg wrote: »
    I mostly prep pieces of meals rather than entire recipes. Though now that needs to changes somewhat because of work.

Typically I try to always have pork roast, beef roast, chicken, ground beef, and broccoli in the freezer cooked and portioned. So then I can grab a meat and if I don't have fresh veggies I can grab a broccoli and then mix them with potatoes or noodles or pot stickers or in a tortilla or on a salad.

That's very similar to what I do. I basically prepare my meats in bulk and make different meals off of that. Mmm I've never tried cooking a roast before, but I really want to. I just don't want it to be dry and tough since I would be a newbie lol. I also want to try making a meatloaf. I need to get on the veggie bandwagon! I only like squash, zucchini, and okra. I ate so much of it I got tired of it. I at least try to have a green smoothie with spinach and yogurt every day to get something green in my body. I've never tried making pot stickers either. Thanks for the ideas!
    Consider using an oven bag to prep your roast!
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Fitkam90 wrote: »
    IamBorg wrote: »
    I mostly prep pieces of meals rather than entire recipes. Though now that needs to changes somewhat because of work.

Typically I try to always have pork roast, beef roast, chicken, ground beef, and broccoli in the freezer cooked and portioned. So then I can grab a meat and if I don't have fresh veggies I can grab a broccoli and then mix them with potatoes or noodles or pot stickers or in a tortilla or on a salad.

That's very similar to what I do. I basically prepare my meats in bulk and make different meals off of that. Mmm I've never tried cooking a roast before, but I really want to. I just don't want it to be dry and tough since I would be a newbie lol. I also want to try making a meatloaf. I need to get on the veggie bandwagon! I only like squash, zucchini, and okra. I ate so much of it I got tired of it. I at least try to have a green smoothie with spinach and yogurt every day to get something green in my body. I've never tried making pot stickers either. Thanks for the ideas!
    Consider using an oven bag to prep your roast!

Thanks for the tip!