Calories

Options
Does anyone have a hard time eating all their calories? I like to eat relatively healthy. I chose something random for lunch and breakfast but for dinner it's always meat and a veggie. I don't eat bread, rarely rice and noodles. I have such a hard time getting to my calories. I have to force myself to eat. Anyone else that way?

If I ate junk food and all that snazzz I'd have an easy time but I don't eat junk food.

Replies

• unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    That sounds about like me most days. I don't eat my whole allotment unless it is a splurge date night with my husband or something. Vegetables have less calories and leave me more full than junk food so when I started weighing my options of what to "spend" my calories on, my calories I was eating went down dramatically.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a hard time eating all their calories? I like to eat relatively healthy. I chose something random for lunch and breakfast but for dinner it's always meat and a veggie. I don't eat bread, rarely rice and noodles. I have such a hard time getting to my calories. I have to force myself to eat. Anyone else that way?

If I ate junk food and all that snazzz I'd have an easy time but I don't eat junk food.

How did you get overweight? Eat that, just less of it. And stop equating low calorie with healthy. There are plenty of higher cal 'healthy' (by which I mean nutritious) foods, and any food is fine within the context of an overall healthful diet.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a hard time eating all their calories?

Not really. If I did, I imagine I wouldn't ever have had to lose weight or to think about it much.

I can eat in a way so that I am satisfied for a short time on low cals, but increasing calories to where I want them is trivially easy if I just add in some accents for taste like nuts or seeds or cheese or cook in olive oil or use olive oil in my dressing instead of just vinegar, so on.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If the only calorie-dense foods you can think of are "junk food" to you, then you're using a uselessly wide definition of the term.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    So eat "junk food "

/thread
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying calorie dense food is junk food. I'm talking about cookies, chocolate, candy, soda, etc.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    I got where I'm at from pounding Mountain Dew down everyday and eating junk food all day long and being pregnant. I haven't took my prescription in like 3 days now so people saying that, find something else. I won't eat junk food because I feel like id binge because I completely cut it out. I eat healthier. Yesterday morning I had sausage and green peppers. For lunch I had over roasted potatoes. And for dinner I had chicken breasts and two apples.

So eat more calorie dense food... what do you want people to tell you?
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    My calories are set at 1,600 I atleast eat 1,200 a day if not a little bit more.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying calorie dense food is junk food. I'm talking about cookies, chocolate, candy, soda, etc.

You said in your OP that it would be easy to hit your calorie goals if you ate "junk food." I'm pointing out that isn't the case, you can just add some calorie-dense foods to your diet and that could also make it easy to hit your calorie goals.

Where your calories are *set* is irrelevant if you have trouble meeting your goal (the reason that you opened the thread in the first place).
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    define calories set as high? because I eat 25-2800 cal a day and have no problems hitting it with limited junk food

full fat dairy, yogurt (noosa, culinary circle, brown cow), cheese, avocado,

bagels aren't bad for you

add more food to your breakfast - have some eggs? any protein at lunch? carbs at dinner? there are lots of ways to increase your calories