Calories

Options

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    I got where I'm at from pounding Mountain Dew down everyday and eating junk food all day long and being pregnant. I haven't took my prescription in like 3 days now so people saying that, find something else. I won't eat junk food because I feel like id binge because I completely cut it out. I eat healthier. Yesterday morning I had sausage and green peppers. For lunch I had over roasted potatoes. And for dinner I had chicken breasts and two apples.

No, you don't, because a severe calorie deficit for a normal-weight person is not "healthier."
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Yes I know what you are saying, that's what I'm looking for advice on what to eat to up my calorie intake besides cookies, and candy and all that.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    I'm not looking for people to rag on me saying I need professional help, I'm looking for advice on what to eat that's nutritious and help boost it up.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Try adding some of these calorie-dense foods to your diet to bump up your intake a bit:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1

This was posted upthread. There you go.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    Thank you
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Yes I know what you are saying, that's what I'm looking for advice on what to eat to up my calorie intake besides cookies, and candy and all that.

Off the top of my head: Avocados/guacamole, pasta, rice, coconut, full fat salad dressings, nuts/nut butters, plant oils, grains of all kinds, maple syrup, chocolate, wine, higher calorie fruits like grapes and bananas, hummus, olives, and bread.
  • lynn_glenmont
    Options

Put some fat on your veggies (e.g., olive oil, butter, cheese, nuts). Eat fattier cuts of meats, or cook them in fat, or add a butter- or oil-based sauce.

If you eat salads, adds avocado, cheese, olives, nuts, beans.

If you eat any low or reduced fat dairy or other foods, switch to the full-fat variety.

Look at list posted by SueSueDio and reposted by Chef_Barbell
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    The problem with me is I feel up on vegetables before I had the meat. Of course I eat all the meat because I need the calories but most of it I have to force down! About almost every other day I make vegetable pasta with Italian dressing and pepperonis. I love pasta. I haven't looked up recipes of brown rice but I should. But thanks for the help!
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    @Chef_Barbell the only problem with that is I absolutely hate wine. Lol
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    I'm sedentary throughout the day so I don't need my calories up that high but I do work out a little at home when I get a chance when my baby is sleeping. My calories are set at 1600 normally I can reach about 1200. So I feel like 1600 is pretty high for me but I'm gonna try to reach it with that list of food!
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    Lmao yeah, I don't know maybe I didn't have the right kind of wine. But the kinds I tried it was from the same company and I mean they were so gross lol. It was like a wine mixed up of a bunch of fruit.
  • emmieems
    emmieems Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You could try drinking smoothies or protein shakes or choosing to add things like peanut butter or hummus which has more calories, beware of undereating. I did it for a while and ruined my metabolism.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    I got where I'm at from pounding Mountain Dew down everyday and eating junk food all day long and being pregnant. I haven't took my prescription in like 3 days now so people saying that, find something else. I won't eat junk food because I feel like id binge because I completely cut it out. I eat healthier. Yesterday morning I had sausage and green peppers. For lunch I had over roasted potatoes. And for dinner I had chicken breasts and two apples.

Just because you haven't taken something for 3 days, doesn't mean it's entirely out of your system, so it could still be affecting your appetite.

Add a little extra oil to your cooking, choose full fat products over low fat products, it's fairly easy to up your calories without upping the volume of food you're eating.
  • lynn_glenmont
    Options
    The problem with me is I feel up on vegetables before I had the meat. Of course I eat all the meat because I need the calories but most of it I have to force down! About almost every other day I make vegetable pasta with Italian dressing and pepperonis. I love pasta. I haven't looked up recipes of brown rice but I should. But thanks for the help!

Maybe you're eating too many vegetables. If you're filling up on vegetables so much that you don't have room left for adequate amounts of protein and fats, that's not healthy.
  • Joe_Cheech
    Joe_Cheech Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try unsalted nuts, lots of calories and good fats
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    I have meal replacement smoothies I bought. I'm not using them to replace a meal, I'm just using them to go along with a meal to help boost up my calories as well and get more vitamins because I'm going in for surgery to get some malignant tumor out soon and I want everything to be regular. The only problem with them are they are so gross lol. I have to sip them I can't get a full drink lol.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    I possibly could be eating too many vegetables (never thought a day would come where I say that lol) I'll lower my vegetable quantity and up my others such as protein and carbs.