NCAA Football Season 2013 - Official Thread

Options

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    lol@ Johnny Manziel. if true(probably is) he is such an idiot. it would be funny if he cant play at all this season.

He's gonna find a way to ruin everything he has going for him..

Which is true for many big shot college athletes. I kinda hope that he goes into the big leagues and Tebow's. I just love how all the gaggies are like "poor Manziel"... as if he is being persecuted for being awesome or something... Um no, I can remember it happening to one or two of my Alma Mater's top players a few years ago... only it was with a car dealership and it wasn't shady as f**k.
  • SEC_RULES
    SEC_RULES Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ohio State will be like Notre Dame from last year. Stay ranked, play in the National Championship game and get decimated.
  • SEC_RULES
    SEC_RULES Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I heard the SEC is going to send one of their lower tiered teams to play the the best players from each Big Ten School - what they are referring to as an All-Star Team for charity.

The SEC??? Isn't that a collection of overgrown community colleges with jails attached for the athletes?

The difference between the Big Ten and the SEC is that the SEC cares about the difference.

IF the Big 10 were WINNING, then it would matter.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I heard the SEC is going to send one of their lower tiered teams to play the the best players from each Big Ten School - what they are referring to as an All-Star Team for charity.

The SEC??? Isn't that a collection of overgrown community colleges with jails attached for the athletes?

The difference between the Big Ten and the SEC is that the SEC cares about the difference.

The difference, which the big ten pretends to not care about:

200px-Uf2008CoachesTrophy.jpg
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    Ohio State will be like Notre Dame from last year. Stay ranked, play in the National Championship game and get decimated.

Eh... I call that Oklahomaitis as it happens to them all the time.
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I fully expect to hear "Jadeveon killed a man" at some point this season. Go Gamecocks!
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My hubs essentially monopolizes the TV for the next 5 months ( well, more than usual.) it's a good thing I like to read :)
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    23rjwcj.jpg
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    FEAR THE HORNED FROGS!!!!!! And the MIGHTY (HUNGRY!) CORNHUSKERS!!!! Love this thread!:happy:
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    GO HUSKERS!

100%

images_zps51dedba5.jpg
  • eventerchick80
    eventerchick80 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

The difference, which the big ten pretends to not care about:

200px-Uf2008CoachesTrophy.jpg

Amen.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

If the football players from the SEC were making the news for academic excellence instead of criminal mischief then maybe it would matter.

Cam Newton still does not have a degree. Denard Robinson does. Go figure.
  • Crzymommyof2
    Options
    Penn state !! woop woop
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    lol@ Johnny Manziel. if true(probably is) he is such an idiot. it would be funny if he cant play at all this season.

Which is true for many big shot college athletes. I kinda hope that he goes into the big leagues and Tebow's. I just love how all the gaggies are like "poor Manziel"... as if he is being persecuted for being awesome or something... Um no, I can remember it happening to one or two of my Alma Mater's top players a few years ago... only it was with a car dealership and it wasn't shady as f**k.

LOL...that story got broken on Texags.com too...MONTHS before an investigation started.

37662855_7583.jpg
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    First top 25 is out. No real surprises here

original.gif
  • k8blujay2
    Options

LOL...that story got broken on Texags.com too...MONTHS before an investigation started.

37662855_7583.jpg

*smh* Now that's funny... Even still, the news channels up here are just now starting to talk about it.. and the local ag fans (alum or not) are all up in arms as if he were the ONLY QB to be investigated for things where money was involved. OU QB Rhett Bomar was kicked off the team back in 2006 for "working" at a local car dealership... but I don't remember all the details about that.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

If the football players from the SEC were making the news for academic excellence instead of criminal mischief then maybe it would matter.

Cam Newton still does not have a degree. Denard Robinson does. Go figure.

when people start championing off the field accomplishments you know they have lost the debate.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    First top 25 is out. No real surprises here

Actually, I am mildly surprised that OU didn't make it into the top ten... but that's only because they had been up there for a while, but they did suck it big time last year and the only highlight was beating Texas.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    pre-season polls do more harm than good. It's based on nothing on-the-field and everything about guessing and last year. If a good team gets ranked around 50, they are going to have a difficult road to try to get to the MNC simply because they started so low. I am a proponent of not having any polls until week 1 of October. At least base it on SOMETHING from this year.