Intermittent Fasting

Options
I'm 30 years old, stay active on my days off by hiking, cycling and working out in my home gym. I'm starting to do I.F this week, hope to have great results. Anybody else doing I.F? Would love to get tips from you guys.

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I practice IF during the work week. I mostly track weekly cals and macros so IF helps me to keep my calories lower during the week that way if I go out on the weekends it all balances out.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I fast almost 7 days a week, just works as a long term plan for me. I eat around 12pm-1pm until 8pm-10pm depending on how I am feeling. I like it it works for me because I am an uncontrollable night eater so I stopped fighting it.
  • isay808
    isay808 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I will be updating my progress every week. Do you guys suggest I workout before or after I eat?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I don't really "do" IF. I just skip breakfast most days. Leaves me more calories for the afternoons and evenings.
  • isay808
    Options
    I read quite a few articles on I.F, I am counting my caloric intake and macro intake as well. I want to shed some fat, get lean. I have an athletic build :) just want to feel/be healthier.
  • isay808
    Options
    Hence the reason I am watching my macro/micro intake. :) thanks for your opinion sir.
  • adreadrew
    adreadrew Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm muslim and I think fasting is really good for you! I can still doing my activity like any other day (but in the evening I usually get sleepy). I fast from 4.30 am to 6 pm. Just be sure not to losse control during breaking your fast :)
  • isay808
    Options
    Congrats on that great achievement! What do you use? 16:8/20:4?
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I do 23:1 most days, some days 19:5. It keeps me eating at or below my maintenance. Love it, and plan on sticking to it. I try to hit my protein macros and fill up on lots of veggies. Then whatever calories are left over it's pretty much anything I want to enjoy.
  • isay808
    Options
    I'm eating 2 big meals watching my caloric/macro intake. I am snacking in between, I struggled yesterday to hit my caloric intake, I was about 200 cals in deficit. I am definitely learning how to balance it all out. I will post my progress in about a week.
  • MathPsiPi
    MathPsiPi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started with IF and keto this summer. Worked great for me. Lost a bunch of weight! I did 20/4 most days and tried to get my daily calories in during that window. I did all of my daily exercise before breaking the fast. It worked well for me but may not be best for everyone. Drink lots of water! Good luck!
  • ZLBmNms
    ZLBmNms Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I do intuitive IF / Keto or low carb/high fat when not in ketosis... with a carb refeed during a random evening when my body needs it. I fast anywhere between 16-19 hours and do 2 hours of HIIT / circuit / weight training / sprints and running / or walking at an incline 5-6 days a week. I work out in a fasted state, towards the last 2 hours of my fast... and end up eating probably about 30 minutes to an hour after my workout. I've been able to gain muscle mass / get stronger. But I also track macro's and eat high quality / clean / unprocessed food. (I'm a holistic nutritionist.) Stay hydrated and take good quality sea salt and magnesium.
  • isay808
    Options
    Thanks for the tips you guys, 4th day in and I'm feeling good :)
  • isay808
    Options
    ZLB702 wrote: »
    Hi. I do intuitive IF / Keto or low carb/high fat when not in ketosis... with a carb refeed during a random evening when my body needs it. I fast anywhere between 16-19 hours and do 2 hours of HIIT / circuit / weight training / sprints and running / or walking at an incline 5-6 days a week. I work out in a fasted state, towards the last 2 hours of my fast... and end up eating probably about 30 minutes to an hour after my workout. I've been able to gain muscle mass / get stronger. But I also track macro's and eat high quality / clean / unprocessed food. (I'm a holistic nutritionist.) Stay hydrated and take good quality sea salt and magnesium.

Thanks for your insightful tips! Just by looking at your pic for your profile I can tell you're doing really well with it