Coffee?

Options
How many of my fellow MFP members require coffee on a daily basis? If so, how much and what kind of coffee do you drink?? Cream? Sugar, black? Starbucks? If you don't drink coffee, tell us coffee heads why!

I drink at least 4 cups of black coffee per day. I really like the Folgers Cinnamon Swirl blend. I was able to completely cut out creamer and Splenda a few weeks ago. Also wanting to reduce my daily coffee intake.

Hope you are safe, happy, and healthy wherever you are! :D

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I use Don Francisco's Hawaiian Hazelnut coffee with .25 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and one tablespoon of hazelnut creamer - 57 calories. But I am working toward drinking it black.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    At work, I consume 3x 14.25 oz cups of black coffee. I've weighed it. At home on days off I consume at least 64 oz black coffee brewed with a stick of cinnamon.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee daily...usually 4-6 cups from the time I get up to when I pull into the parking lot at work. We usually get our coffee from one of several local coffee shops. We get the beans and we grind them fresh daily in the morning. I prefer a medium roast and drink it black. My wife will occasionally make a dark roast and I cut it with a little 1/2 and 1/2 or milk as I find it too acidic otherwise.
  • Fitkam90
    Fitkam90 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I use Don Francisco's Hawaiian Hazelnut coffee with .25 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and one tablespoon of hazelnut creamer - 57 calories. But I am working toward drinking it black.

I love me some Hazelnut coffee!
  • Pamshebamm181
    Pamshebamm181 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I usually just have one cup, brewed from my Keurig, on my way to work.

Sometimes it's Starbucks and sometimes it's Wawa. I drink it black
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    At work, I consume 3x 14.25 oz cups of black coffee. I've weighed it. At home on days off I consume at least 64 oz black coffee brewed with a stick of cinnamon.

That's alot! I work from home, so there are days where I'll easily drink 8 cups of coffee.
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I drink coffee daily...usually 4-6 cups from the time I get up to when I pull into the parking lot at work. We usually get our coffee from one of several local coffee shops. We get the beans and we grind them fresh daily in the morning. I prefer a medium roast and drink it black. My wife will occasionally make a dark roast and I cut it with a little 1/2 and 1/2 or milk as I find it too acidic otherwise.

I'm gonna have to search for my coffee bean grinder! I always enjoyed grounding coffee and the fresh smell of it
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    I usually just have one cup, brewed from my Keurig, on my way to work.

Sometimes it's Starbucks and sometimes it's Wawa. I drink it black

I want a Keurig!
  • Paschen81
    Paschen81 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 20oz cups every weekday morning and one on Sunday. If I sweeten with monkfruit I don't use cream. If I sweeten with cream I don't use sweetener. So either 2 packets of monkfruit or 4 tbs vanilla coconut milk creamer.
  • skinnyminikendra
    skinnyminikendra Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee... amount depends on the day.
    I use Sugar in the Raw and a splash of organic vanilla creamer.

Speaking of... Time for another cup lol
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Coffee should be black in my opinion....
    At work we have a coffee machine that grinds "fresh" beans.
    But at home i use an aeropress and freshly burned beans...just nomnom....

consume about 5-6 cups (about 400ml) per day...
  • ReneJannett
    ReneJannett Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    For health conscious reasons, black coffee is the best. I like it with non dairy creamer and 1 teaspoon of sugar. At home we use Maxwell house, folgers, or Hills Bros. When I go to work, its a small Tim Hortons' coffee for me, 3 cream and 1 sugar. However, during our latest travels, my husband and I bought a can of coffee from the Jack Daniell's store in Nashville TN and love that coffee. If you have not tried it, I suggest you should try it. Its good
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I buy flavored beans at WinCo (they have a huge wall of bulk coffee) and grind my own. Right now I'm enjoying dark chocolate cherry and it's amazing. When I run out of that flavor in going to have salted butterscotch.

I only have one 14 ounce cup a day with a tablespoon of sugar free creamer and a lot of Splenda, though I'm working my way down on the sweetener too.
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I drink 1 cup of coffee a day. I use heavy whipping cream and chocolate protein powder in it as my cream and sugar.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Multiple cups of black coffee every morning, essentially a calorie-free experience
  • apennock
    apennock Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I get beans from the co-op down the street and grind them at home. I am still not brave enough for black coffee so I drink mine with some creamer with minimal added chemicals (I love the taste of the chemicals, but am trying to cut back on processed stuff :p ).
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    jesslla wrote: »
    I buy flavored beans at WinCo (they have a huge wall of bulk coffee) and grind my own. Right now I'm enjoying dark chocolate cherry and it's amazing. When I run out of that flavor in going to have salted butterscotch.

I only have one 14 ounce cup a day with a tablespoon of sugar free creamer and a lot of Splenda, though I'm working my way down on the sweetener too.

Dark chocolate cherry?? That sounds amazing!
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I used to drink more coffee than I do these days, but now I just drink two cups in the morning. I drink about 16 oz with 4 g of Splenda and 4 g of original powdered Coffee-mate while I get ready for work and then another of the same in the car on the way to work. Most of the time I grind beans and use a French press for my coffee, but I also have a Keurig machine that I occasionally use when I want something different (like Gloria Jean's Butter Toffee flavor... yum).
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I only started drinking coffee when I started my diet and quit soda. I needed a new energy boost. Green tea wasn't cutting it. I drink a small French vanilla iced coffee every morning. Splash of almond milk and a 1/2 packet of Stevia. My coffee loving husband says it's gross, but I don't know any different haha. I don't love it, I just drink it to wake up.
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I hate coffee, it makes me feel sick. I drink matcha green tea which wakes me up gently, just the way I like :D plus, it's super healthy