Coffee?

Options

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    My morning coffee I typically take with a splash of milk, then it's black Americanos the rest of the day (1-2)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I drink about 8 cups a day. My doctor says that this is fine. There have been some studies which show that it helps with exercise performance, and it doesn't interfere with weight loss.

I grind my own beans, use single-origin Latin American coffees and brew in a French press.

Anything that I add (usually minimal almond milk) gets counted in it's own category...I have coffee set up as its own meal.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I used to drink between 10-15 shots of espresso most nights. Now I have a double shot in the morning, and might have another in the afternoon if I'm flagging.
  • Fitkam90
    Fitkam90 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the majority needs their coffee daily, just like me! :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I usually drink just "one" cup (12 oz, more or less) in the morning with breakfast. I don't use any sweetener, but I pour in a splash of unsweetened original almond milk about 1/2 the time.

If I have more than that, I'm like a squirrel running up the wall...I am waaaay hyper in general. Occasionally I'll have coffee in the evening but again, just one cup and often I'll go with a smaller cup.

I mostly like the comforting, cozy feeling of coffee in the morning and feel like it goes well with breakfast foods.

• ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I drink a bunch of coffee with Sweet n Low or Swerve. If I'm fasting, no milk, otherwise a splash of 2%. It's also pumpkin spice season so I picked up some of that~
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    2-3 cups of coffee a day. Black.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I went from drinking 1 cup every 4-5 weeks to drinking it daily when I found out how wonderfully it helps me control appetite. I drink about a liter of it and have always had it black so I had no problems with calories when I decided to introduce it to my diet.
  • jrowden0711
    jrowden0711 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I usually only have coffee two to three times a week. I actually use it as an appetite suppressant more than anything. I don't require coffee daily to get up and going. However, I do practice intermittent fasting and on days I am struggling to wait until my usual time to eat I do run to Starbucks and grab an iced Americano with some sugar free vanilla or cinnamon dolce syrup and a bit of coconut milk to hop me over until it's time to eat. Works like a charm and keeps me on track.
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    I usually only have coffee two to three times a week. I actually use it as an appetite suppressant more than anything. I don't require coffee daily to get up and going. However, I do practice intermittent fasting and on days I am struggling to wait until my usual time to eat I do run to Starbucks and grab an iced Americano with some sugar free vanilla or cinnamon dolce syrup and a bit of coconut milk to hop me over until it's time to eat. Works like a charm and keeps me on track.

Coffee helps when I'm fasting during IF also!
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    I usually drink just "one" cup (12 oz, more or less) in the morning with breakfast. I don't use any sweetener, but I pour in a splash of unsweetened original almond milk about 1/2 the time.

If I have more than that, I'm like a squirrel running up the wall...I am waaaay hyper in general. Occasionally I'll have coffee in the evening but again, just one cup and often I'll go with a smaller cup.

I mostly like the comforting, cozy feeling of coffee in the morning and feel like it goes well with breakfast foods.

I can't drink coffee in the evening unless it's decaf, or I'll be up all night!
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I love coffee! At home I buy Brazilian coffee from a local place that roasts it themselves - been going there about 20 years. I used to grind them every day, but then I got tired of it - I could never get it right. Now I buy a pound every 10 days or so and have them grind it. I love a french press, but it gets cold too fast.

I probably drink 6-10 cups (8-10 oz mug) a day. And if I go into my office I might have a cup or two. I drink it black.

And no, it doesn't keep me up at night. I sleep well unless I'm under a lot of stress. My parents had coffee after dinner every night and it never bothered them either. No decaf for me!
  • briwagner90
    briwagner90 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love coffee! Though I usually only drink one cup a day. Sometimes two. I always add flavored creamer to mine. My favorites are caramel mocha and amaretto. Starbucks is my favorite brand.
  • RedSassyPants
    RedSassyPants Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    3-4 Cups a day depending on work schedule. I switched to black in January and haven't gone back. I actually find I am liking a stronger taste lately.
  • kelseyllhunt
    kelseyllhunt Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I drink 3 cups a day and have been able to cut out creamer and sugar. I usually finish this all before 8:30 in the morning, and then have no more caffeine the rest of the day... helps me sleep at night.
  • purplepenguin888
    Options
    I love coffee, used to get the sugar syrup cream filled million calorie ones from any coffee shop I passed. The big bucket sized cups too. I was a sucker for any kind of 'seasonal flavours' loaded with sugar. I'd have what I wanted and called it a treat, then realised I was going out of my way to have lots of treats, it was a habit. Once I actually looked at the calories I was consuming I changed it up.
    Now i treat myself to a Tassimo chai latte with a big spoonful of coffee in it (dirty chai) every morning (99 cal) and after that it's just plain black coffee maybe with some sugar free flavoured syrup in it if I'm feeling fancy. I've just discovered hazelnut milk and I'm quite liking that in coffee too.
  • kayla25mfp
    kayla25mfp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I drink one mug a day in the morning, every day. I agree coffee should be black, but mine is far from it lol I use 4 tablespoons of sweet cream creamer! Still, despite the added calories, I have a much easier time sticking to the diet when a start the day off with my sugary coffee.
  • Wrangler2016
    Wrangler2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Black coffee everyday. Black, trying to keep it lower than 4cuos a days...but I also drink green tea (unsweetened) and mate infusion...I need to cut the caffeine intake, but one thing at a time
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    Why must it be so bad to have sugar coffee? :weary:
  • threec
    threec Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Black, if I make it a whole pot, maybe 2. If my husband makes I have to cut it with water and then it's maybe a cup. He likes dark roast coffees and makes it strong enough you can chew :s